[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs agree to terms with Branden Albert

fingfootball

I think if anyone is holding it up right now, it's Dorsey's agent.

You're probably right. I have a feeling Carl is under orders from Clark Hunt to quit being a jackass and get these guys in. The old Carl would have never had Albert in on time.

:D

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- First-round draft pick Glenn Dorsey has agreed to contract terms with the Kansas City Chiefs and was expected at Saturday afternoon's practice, The Associated Press has learned.

See? Told you it wouldn't be long. :wacko:

Split the difference between #4 and #6 and call it a day.

Edited by budlitebrad

I hope he soaked up as much as possible during his one week of TC...

Sprained ankle may keep rookie Albert out of camp, Chiefs say

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | Rookie offensive tackle Branden Albert could miss the remainder of training camp with what the Chiefs called a sprained foot.

Albert was injured during Thursday night’s joint practice against the Minnesota Vikings. The Chiefs initially called the injury a sprained ankle.

Coach Herm Edwards called Albert day to day, but acknowledged Albert was unlikely to play in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Bears in Chicago.

"I’d say he’s more out than in," Edwards said. "He’ll have to rest it and see where he’s at right now."

Other officials indicated the Chiefs probably wouldn’t get their starting left tackle back before the Chiefs break training camp on Aug. 15. The injury is similar to the one received in training camp two years ago by guard Brian Waters.

Waters missed three weeks of practice.

An absence of a similar length for Albert would be a huge setback for the Chiefs. Albert was a first-round pick and their only major addition as the Chiefs attempt to rebuild what last season was one of the worst offensive lines in the league.