[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inaugural Huddle 3RR Mock Draft

theeohiostate

wow....I don't know what happened to my predrafts, but Carson Palmer is not who I predrafted there...maybe my fever has me delirious!!!

ETA since I had such a bad fever, and I knew I was going to bed...and footballjoe was on the clock for a longtime, I put in three rounds of preselects.....I don't know what happened to them, but I put in Winslow or Gates in the fourth...since I was next to pick....I put in 5 qb's for the 5th and my 6th is still there. I don't know what happened...and I apologize.

Edited by TheShiznit

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's pretty clear that the advantage of picking in the Top 3 is mostly negated in this format, which is a good thing, IMHO.

Agree. I can see a noticeable difference. The equality of the teams is more consistent. I don't feel picking #10 has me at a disadvantage over the #1 spot.

#1 got AP, but had to settle for #2 in M.Turner, whom I don't think will be consistent and could be Chester Taylor (Ravens to Minnesota) , all over again.

I have the edge at WR , I think the RB's are equals with His AP - Turner to my Bush - Barber , Romo over whomever I get at QB will give him the nod

Final Roster I like this team

Schaub

Grant

Ronnie Brown(get Ricky later)

Kevin Smith

Braylon Edwards

Wayne

Coles

Scheffler

I a real draft I would take QB/TE later.

Edited by Randall

I agree with Zooty.....the 3RR doesn't effect us in the middle...other than it changes the strategy of those drafting players on the turns....as inexplainably Addai fell to me at number 6. My team fromt he 6 hole:

Palmer

Addai

Stewart

Parker

Andre Johnson

Marvin Harrison

Bernard Berrian

Owen Daniels

I am pretty happy with those 8 players....I can play Parker until the Panthers totally hand the reigns over to Stewart and I have a true value pick in Marvin Harrison as my WR2...and I luv Berrian as a WR3. Daniels....meh....maybe he gets a few more red zone targets maybe not. And Palmer should be better this year. Pretty decent squad.

Roster drafting out of the #4 spot (1.04, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.04, 6.09, 7.04, 8.09)

Roethlisberger (6.09)

Westbrook (1.04)

James (4.09)

R Johnson (5.04)

Colston (2.09)

Holt (3.09)

Burleson (8.09)

Shockey (7.04)

The wait between 5.04 and 6.09 seemed longer, because you had the three back-to-back-to-back rounds where you were picking every 12 picks instead of the 16 between 5.04 and 6.09. I know it's only 5 more picks, but it seemed like it was tougher to sweat those out.

I agree with the sentiment above that picking in the middle of the order doesn't seem dramatically impacted by the 3RR.

2V

Yes, the middle rounds are said to be unaffected using this method. The idea is to gain parity throughout the league, which I believe it has.

Teams 1-2-3 don't appear to have the typical advantage.

Overall, I liked the drafting method. Holding the 10 hole is not an coveted position in the standard serpentine, but I was excited to feel evenly matched when the 3RR kicked in.

Anderson, Derek 7.10

Barber, Marion 1.10

Bush, Reggie NOS 2.03

Johnson, Chris 8.03

Boldin, Anquan 4.03

Evans, Lee 5.10

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. 3.03

Gonzalez, Tony 6.02

Drafting from the 10 hole, you'd have to be pleased landing 3 solid WR"s and Top TE and 2 Top 15+ RB's. You'll have to disregard the Chris Johnson pick , that was the final round to meet the 3 RB quota we set. Had this been a normal draft, I would have picked another WR.

Drafting from the #3 Spot loses any chance to be proactive and trying to dictate the draft in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round... i'm talking about starting runs or clearing out Tiers. I ended up drafting the best player instead, though I am happy with the results:

Brees (3.10)

S Jax (1.03)

T Jones (5.03)

Forte (6.10)

Fitz (2.10)

Ca Johnson (4.10)

Cotchery (7.03)

V Davis (8.10) only because I had to draft a TE

interesting excercise... good idea to try one!

How sophisticated are the tools at this website? For example, with my last pick, I manually selected a bunch of TEs. Is there a way to simply say, "take 'best' adp at 'x' position"?

In Live Draft you can make a list of favored players.

Owners.Live Draft Room> then you can set up a queue

How sophisticated are the tools at this website? For example, with my last pick, I manually selected a bunch of TEs. Is there a way to simply say, "take 'best' adp at 'x' position"?

When you pre-draft you can actually sort by ADP

Wow, excellent job fellas. 16 rounds in just a couple days is pretty amazing for a Mock Draft.

Can't wait to see the analysis , should be interesting.

I can't wait to see what the professional analysis is. I could see a marketedly different team amongst the top three and lower three teams in the draft.

I can't wait to see what the professional analysis is. I could see a marketedly different team amongst the top three and lower three teams in the draft.

FWIW- I tried to draft the same team unless I could, IMO, upgrade

Edited by Zooty

Normal Serpentine Draft Results

McNabb, Donovan 5.10

Barber, Marion 1.10

Bush, Reggie NOS 2.03

Green, Ahman HOU 7.10

Boldin, Anquan 3.10

Evans, Lee 6.03

Witten, Jason DAL 4.03

3RR Draft Results

Anderson, Derek 7.10

Barber, Marion 1.10

Bush, Reggie NOS 2.03

Johnson, Chris 8.03

Boldin, Anquan 4.03

Evans, Lee 5.10

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. 3.03

Gonzalez, Tony 6.02

Not much difference. I downgraded my WR corp , but had a slight upgrade at QB and RB.

Final Rosters. Close

Schaub

Grant

Ronnie Brown(get Ricky later)

Kevin Smith

Braylon Edwards

Wayne

Coles

Scheffler

Serpentine

Roethlisberger

Grant

Michael Turner

Kevin Smith

Wayne

Burress

Driver

Heath Miller

Scheffler was available but I like Miller too.

Edited by Randall