[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inaugural Huddle 3RR Mock Draft

theeohiostate

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 RR

Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Bulger, Marc STL QB - 5 8.05

Lendale White - 7 5.08

McGahee, Willis BAL RB - 10 2.05

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 10 1.08

Santana Moss - 7 7.08

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR - 6 4.05

Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 8 3.08

Clark, Dallas IND TE - 4 6.05

8 Total Players

Standard

Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Bulger, Marc STL QB - 5 8.05

James, Edgerrin ARI RB - 7 5.08

McGahee, Willis BAL RB - 10 2.05

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 10 1.08

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR - 7 7.08

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR - 6 4.05

Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 8 3.08

Clark, Dallas IND TE - 4 6.05

8 Total Players

I think I did better in the standard only because I feel that I was able to upgrade twice (once at WR and once a RB). Both times I got guys who weren't available the first draft

3RR vs. Serpentine

Roethlisberger (6.09) / Schaub (8.09)

Westbrook (1.04) / same

James (4.09) / Jacobs (3.04)

R Johnson (5.04) / McFadden (4.09)

Colston (2.09) / same

Holt (3.09) / Harrison (6.09)

Burleson (8.09) / Burleson (7.04)

Shockey (7.04) / Cooley (5.04)

The availability of a running back I liked in R3 (Jacobs) changed the entire complexion of my approach. In the 3RR I picked 9th in R3 and Jacobs and Stewart were already off the board so I took Holt, then came back with two safe backs without much upside in R4 and R5. In the Serpentine McFadden was still around in R4 (he wasn't there in the 3RR draft), and the receiver pool had entered an area where I felt I could get as much value a round or two later as I would have with a guy like Brandon Marshall or Calvin Johnson or Greg Jennings (the receivers still on the board at that point). That's also why I took Cooley instead of waiting for Shockey.

Between the drafts I think I downgraded at QB but have more upside with Jacobs and McFadden than with Edge and Rudi. Marv certainly has the potential to put up Holt-like numbers if he's healthy, and I upgraded a bit at TE as well. I don't mind either team, but I think the Serpentine team (with the 4 pick in R3 instead of the 9) has more upside.

2V

be up on Tuesday

Just read it and we thank you for the time in doing this. I think it's a hot topic in many fantasy circles right now and agree it may not be the answer to an even draft, but it's an effort in that direction. I didn't see any dramatic changes, but that really isn't what should happen, I feel the #1 spot does earn a right in having better players to choose from, I just think is should be lessened , albeit in a small way as our mock has shown.

We also need to consider this a Mock and not for money, so some may not have put on their A game in this exercise . I appreciate your comments about fair play, that is really what most of us our all about. With the money increasing on this game, it's only a matter of time, imo that other national FF Leagues start adopting a form of this.

Edited by theeohiostate

Just read it and we thank you for the time in doing this. I think it's a hot topic in many fantasy circles right now and agree it may not be the answer to an even draft, but it's an effort in that direction. I didn't see any dramatic changes, but that really isn't what should happen, I feel the #1 spot does earn a right in having better players to choose from, I just think is should be lessened , albeit in a small way as our mock has shown.

We also need to consider this a Mock and not for money, so some may not have put on their A game in this exercise . I appreciate your comments about fair play, that is really what most of us our all about. With the money increasing on this game, it's only a matter of time, imo that other national FF Leagues start adopting a form of this.

I agree.

I wish we had done 11-12 rounds because many pick TE's and QB's later, but that's OK. It was a nice write up.

Thanks for the right up, DD! It was a pleasure drafting after/before you...

What i tried to do from the #3 spot was completely different in both drafts, in the normal sereptine draft I tried to reinforce the advantage of having 3 of the top 27 picks, thus i took Smith before he got suspended to pair with SJax/Fitz... in a PPR league, i definately liked this start...

in the 3rd round reversal, i opted for Brees at 3.10 since i needed a difference maker, and the 13th WR would technically get me a good WR2, but grabbing the last Tier 1 QB gives me an advantage over 8 other teams...

the rest of both drafts is just trying to find some value... i usually "tank" either QB or TE since i do not want to sacrifice at RB3 or WR3 since there is a flex...

it was a great idea to show them side by side!