[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inaugural Huddle 3RR Mock Draft

theeohiostate

MFL SITE

Results of the 3RR

Rosters

Draft

What is a 3RR Draft ?

Third Round Reversal or "Banzai" - Often abbreviated "3RR", this alternative draft method has gained popularity in recent years. This style is often confused with Third Round Serpentine , but it is actually a much simpler draft format. Only Round 3 is reversed from the original "snake" draft order, so the person going last in Round 1 gets to go first in Rounds 2, 3 and 4. The owner who has the first overall pick doesn't start a round again until Round 5.

Why use it ?

After all this number-crunching, it seems rather safe to say that the true Third Round Reversal is the fairest approach to drafting for 12 teams.

Both quotes were taken from an article i read.

I requested that DMD share this Mock draft and use his analysis to show his viewpoint of it after completion.

Please post if you'd like to partake in this Mock and let me know what draft slot you'd like.

Example of the #1 pick

Draft #1 spot looks like this

Here is the breakdown using the draft calculator

Serpentine
best = 1st = 6,476.9
worst = 12th = 6,102.0 or 5.8% worse than 1st

Reverse 3rd
best = 1st = 6,291.7
worst = 7th = 6,202.1 or 1.4% worse than 1st

Every draft slot is within 1½% of the best draft slot using the 3RR.
Traditional serpentine, only the 2nd draft slot is within 1½% of the best draft slot.

Please enter your email address and select to receive notice about the draft status in your advanced set up box

Draft order

LordOpie - #1

DexterDew - #3

TheShiznet - #6

Zooty - #8

Slayer - #9

Theeohiostate - #10

hollywood_69 - #11

Randall - #12

Edited by theeohiostate

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks TOS....is this something we are gonna play out to see how it works? We can put up enough to cover the MFL fee, or do a regular $25 deal or if there is no MFL fee it would still be interesting to see how it shakes out over the course of a season.....thoughts?

Thanks TOS....is this something we are gonna play out to see how it works? We can put up enough to cover the MFL fee, or do a regular $25 deal or if there is no MFL fee it would still be interesting to see how it shakes out over the course of a season.....thoughts?

If we want to play it out, that's fine, but it's intended as a Mock only. I could get MFL to wave the fee , if everyone wanted to play it out as a free league though.

If we want to play it out, that's fine, but it's intended as a Mock only. I could get MFL to wave the fee , if everyone wanted to play it out as a free league though.

I would prefer to do it as a free thing...since I have never drafted in this format...but I will let the others chime in.

I would prefer to do it as a free thing...since I have never drafted in this format...but I will let the others chime in.

I don't think you understood the post. This is a Mock draft, we are only drafting, we will not be playing FF with the teams we select.

You started asking about $25, and your getting yourself confused. There is no payment required and no $ to play for............However, if you want to play your teams throughout the season, that is fine, I'll have to check with the guys at MFL to let them set us up for free.

I don't think you understood the post. This is a Mock draft, we are only drafting, we will not be playing FF with the teams we select.

You started asking about $25, and your getting yourself confused. There is no payment required and no $ to play for............However, if you want to play your teams throughout the season, that is fine, I'll have to check with the guys at MFL to let them set us up for free.

LOL...I was remembering a couple years back in the IDP area there was a mock done on MFL....there was talk after it was declared a mock draft to actually play it out and see how the drafts worked out. No waivers....nothing.....just you have what you have....that is what I had in my head when I asked that question...anyway...I digress...lets just mock!

Are we drafting our line-ups based on this?

Total Starters: 8

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RBs: 2

Number of Starting WRs: 2

Number of Starting TEs: 1

Number of Starting PKs: 1

Number of Starting Defs: 1

Are we drafting our line-ups based on this?

Total Starters: 8

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RBs: 2

Number of Starting WRs: 2

Number of Starting TEs: 1

Number of Starting PKs: 1

Number of Starting Defs: 1

Yes, I'll will input the starting requirements into the system now.

16 rounds

To do a comparison on the drafting stlyes, DMD has suggested we do a 8 round 3RR Draft and a normal serpentine draft. Using same owners in same drafting slots.

Each team must draft

1QB's

3 RB's

3 WR's

1 TE

After the first draft, I will insert the same players we chose for the first 2 rounds, and we'll start in the 3rd round to see the difference.

Edited by theeohiostate