[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Delhomme

notamomo

If the Ragin Cajun is completely recovered for this season, where do people think he ranks among all FF QBs? The Huddle has him ranked at 7. Some other rankings barely have him in the top 20. I think that Delhomme and Steve Smith are in for a big year and I have them both on the radar as possible value picks. Lots of talk about Derek Anderson and Garrard, but not much buzz around Delhomme. Any thoughts on the Jake?

I'm expecting BIG things from Jake this year. If he stays healthy, the passing game should explode with a healthy Smith and the addition of MushyMyHammy. With the additions of J.Stewart and Jeff Otah, the running game will be VASTLY improved over last year, opening up the passing lanes for Jake and Co.

Top 10 is not out of the question.

If the Ragin Cajun is completely recovered for this season, where do people think he ranks among all FF QBs? The Huddle has him ranked at 7. Some other rankings barely have him in the top 20. I think that Delhomme and Steve Smith are in for a big year and I have them both on the radar as possible value picks. Lots of talk about Derek Anderson and Garrard, but not much buzz around Delhomme. Any thoughts on the Jake?

Dude has been falling like a rock in every mock I've done. I've ended up grabbing him as a back up in each super late in the draft but he's still been way low on the "best available" that whatever hosting site is putting up there.

I agree. I hope to get him but based on perception, am not prepared to spend a decent pick on him. If one of the big boys ends up falling to me, I'll grab them and hope to get him super late just in case. If RBs and WRs keep falling to me, then I'll be happy to land him as QB1 after everyone scooped theirs up.

I'm not an expert on baseball but maybe someone else out there is...how long does it take a pitcher to come back from Tommy John surgery?

http://www.athomeplate.com/tommyjohn.shtml

Typically from the time a pitcher goes under the knife it takes a minimum of 8 months to resume baseball activities. While they can get back to the majors in just about a year, that first year is statistically a rough one. Full recovery to pre-surgical strength and success usually takes 18 to 24 months.

Of course, Jake won't be hurling the ball downfield at maximum velocity 100 times per game.

No, but don't you think he wants full strength in that arm. I'm skeptical of Delhomme making a 100% recovery from this injury and surgery, the likes of which we've never seen in football before. It takes a baseball pitcher 18-24 months to recover fully and those guys aren't getting hit behind a suspect line with a rookie runner in the mix.

My take on it is if you can live with Delhomme operating at 75-80% then he's your guy.

I have him targeted in rounds 8-9. I really think he does something with Hackett and a running game added to the equation.

I am hoping on getting Schaub, Jake or Rodgers(depending) in the mid to late rounds.

+1