[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conn Smythe? curious who you think

redwings.cup

Although I think Hasek will win it, I think it should be Hull. He leads Detroit in goals scored in the playoffs and has been the difference in the last 2 games of the finals. Hasek has been very good and all lately, but Detroit's team defense is so stifling right now that the shutouts seem like a foregone conclusion at this point. I would have said Yzerman 2 weeks ago, but he hasn't done much offensively lately.

Guest Azazello13

i think hull would be an interesting choice, and probably a worthy one. but you know who i think has consistently been their best player through these playoffs? fedorov. probably not a popular choice, but that might be where my vote would go. or maybe to lidstrom, who's been fantastic as well.

yzerman's been pretty good, but the way the media's on his jock you'd think he was jesus christ on skates. it starts to get sickening, and by no means has he been detroit's best player.

hasek has been good but not great. not a conn smythe run, IMO...but i'd say he's the odds on favorite, just 'cause they always give it to the goalie.

1) Yzerman. Bum knee and all, he keeps playing, scoring, and being a great leader.

2) Hasek. Six shutouts. The most EVER for a goalie in the playoffs. Not too shabby.

3) Hull. Mr. Clutch. When the Wings need a goal, he shows up.

4) Fedorov. He has been the best transition player over the playoffs. He is scary fast.

5) Lidstrom/Chelios. Tenacious D. :cool:

Azazello13:

yzerman's been pretty good, but the way the media's on his jock you'd think he was jesus christ on skates.  it starts to get sickening, and by no means has he been detroit's best player.

I don't know, second in the playoffs in scoring while playing on one good knee. I think that deserves plenty of consideration, not to mention the great job he does on faceoffs, etc. Without his clutch goals in the Vancouver series we never would have made it to the second round.

Guest Azazello13

there's actually some pretty serious talk that peter forsberg will get legitimate consideration for the smythe.

i'd still consider it a longshot, but at least it gives me a reason to watch tonight and be hopeful.

It pains me to do this but I agree with AZ (hope the fires are staying away). Nobody has impressed me more in the playoffs than Forsberg. Having said that, I don't see how he can win not making it to the finals. If the question is who should - Forsberg. If the question is who will - shutout tonight and Hasek without a doubt.

Guest Azazello13
redwings.cup:

lidstrom has been the Wings most valuable player in the playoffs... tough d and some timely goals. hasek will get the award, however.

lidstrom or fedorov would be my two choices from the wings. without those two guys, the wings really WOULD be the bunch of overpriced has-beens we wing-haters like to think they are.

redwings.cup:

lidstrom has been the Wings most valuable player in the playoffs... tough d and some timely goals. hasek will get the award, however.

guess i was correct and wrong at the same time. those announcers had me believing the Captain was going to get the award, but deep down, and despite his heroic effort, I hoped it would go to Quiet Nick.