[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams

darin3

Dude, How small is your league and how many rounds do you draft? It says a lot about your league and all of its owners when Fred Taylor doesn't get drafted.

Yep

I know this'll provide a groan - but unfortunately this one's a friend's yahoo with autodraft (10 teams, 15 round draft, 2RB start). It has had me wondering about how the system drafts for players and more so, the knowledge of some of some of the owners. Appears like a several owners aren't doing anything to better their teams even though there are/were definite upgrades to be had. Especially one with a very questionable running corp (Jacobs, McFadden, F. Jones) - yet he's got the feeler out for RB's and made no moves from day one! What's worse is he's holding onto two TE's and K's while the likes of D. Williams, Chris Johnson, Selvin Young among others were picked up off waivers...and some still available include Taylor, Rice, Slaton, Norwood, and Hightower.

Can anyone see a reason for my picking up Taylor - currently have LT, MJD, K. Smith, R. Williams, C. Perry. Call me whatever (yes, setting myself up there), but I'm trying to find what benefit I'd gain on having both except if MJD can't/doesn't perform.

Nuff said. The thread was started about Ricky and don't want to pull it in other directions!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this'll provide a groan - but unfortunately this one's a friend's yahoo with autodraft (10 teams, 15 round draft, 2RB start). It has had me wondering about how the system drafts for players and more so, the knowledge of some of some of the owners. Appears like a several owners aren't doing anything to better their teams even though there are/were definite upgrades to be had. Especially one with a very questionable running corp (Jacobs, McFadden, F. Jones) - yet he's got the feeler out for RB's and made no moves from day one! What's worse is he's holding onto two TE's and K's while the likes of D. Williams, Chris Johnson, Selvin Young among others were picked up off waivers...and some still available include Taylor, Rice, Slaton, Norwood, and Hightower.

Can anyone see a reason for my picking up Taylor - currently have LT, MJD, K. Smith, R. Williams, C. Perry. Call me whatever (yes, setting myself up there), but I'm trying to find what benefit I'd gain on having both except if MJD can't/doesn't perform.

Nuff said. The thread was started about Ricky and don't want to pull it in other directions!

OK, I'll bite. C Perry looks like he might be the #1 in Cinci but that backfield is more crowded than Jax and Cinci looks just plain awful. So, there's an easy one. Ditch Perry and pick up Taylor.

And for the record, I did have Perry on my late round sleeper list but just never got to him. So it's not like I'm down on him.

OK, I'll bite. C Perry looks like he might be the #1 in Cinci but that backfield is more crowded than Jax and Cinci looks just plain awful. So, there's an easy one. Ditch Perry and pick up Taylor.

And for the record, I did have Perry on my late round sleeper list but just never got to him. So it's not like I'm down on him.

Thanks and very valid points. My thinking (reaching some or is it wishful thinking) had some ifs involved... if Perry can produce well given this chance, if Watson doesn't share/heavily impact his production, if Rudi Johnson's injury keeps him out longer or at least not performing at an acceptable (starter) level. And very true, Cinci looked bad against the Saints.

Ok, I'm becoming a convert :wacko: and agree that it would be the wise thing to take Taylor rather than gamble on a questionable. It would add a bona fide RB and solidify my team.

Thanks and very valid points. My thinking (reaching some or is it wishful thinking) had some ifs involved... if Perry can produce well given this chance, if Watson doesn't share/heavily impact his production, if Rudi Johnson's injury keeps him out longer or at least not performing at an acceptable (starter) level. And very true, Cinci looked bad against the Saints.

Ok, I'm becoming a convert :D and agree that it would be the wise thing to take Taylor rather than gamble on a questionable. It would add a bona fide RB and solidify my team.

Yahoo has strange rankings at times. If you go to free agents and click on points scored last year you will be a vastly different sort. I know many players rank higher this year but some of their rankings are head scratchers. Letting them pick for you is :wacko:

Try it.

Fred Taylor is the clear, #1 Starter. MJD is the change of pace, 3rd down back. Fred will get 15-20 touches a game, and break the occasional long run, will likely get 1000+ Yards rushing, 4-6 TD's at least.

MJD does so well, cause he runs so much different than Fred, but primarily cause he catches so many passes and his hard to bring down.

You have to have guys like Perry etc, on your bench in case they explode, but you also have to have guys you can start and get points for while your 'sleepers' are cooking.

Freddy will have more good games than anyone on that list besides LT.