[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What has stood out to you at these 2008 Olympics?

millerx

Okay here's my take:

1) Micheal Phelps is a pretty cool kid. Nice role model for the youth of America.

2) I haven't heard Mary Lou Rettons name said more since, well, 1984.

3) I have not watched ONE second of basketball because it is on at all weird hours.

4) The Spanish basketball team has ZERO class.

5) I look at softball pitchers in a whole new light.

6) I thought Jamacian folks grooved slowly.

7) How many flippin games did the two US gals play in beach volleyball? Seemed like every time I turned on the TV, there they were.

8) I missed syncronized swimming. :wacko:

9) Free TIBET already!! Good golly. Are there like super precious gems fillled with gold in golden palaces guarded by diamond encrusted dogs that shoot golden bees out of their mouth when they bark at you in them there mountains? Let those people be!!!!!

10) I watched way more of the X games than I did the Olympics. That right there is lunacy at a regular pace for a week straight!

AND FINALLY!!!

Does it really matter? Football starts in a couple of weeks, I have drafts coming up.

GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

completely forgot about the no-pro thing :wacko:

They are very nearly all pros. The players are drawn from all over but must be under 23 (except for 3, as BJ stated). Many leagues in Europe are already under way and that is why there is a dearth of big names.

Also, World Cup vs Olympics in soccer is roughly the same as Superbowl versus East Pittsburgh Under-10s League Class A Final.

Gay warning:

Okay you've been warned. The other night my wife and I were watching rhtymic gymnastics, I protested at first. But, after watching for about 10 seconds could not believe the agility, flexibility, and overall hotness of this event, the way these ladies can contort and spin their bodies is absolutely amazing. If you haven't seen it, look for it on you tube, it will blow your mind what these chicks can do.

Secondly, how the hell are we unable to medal in boxing?!?!? I mean what the when I wore my first dress is up with us not being able to beat up Koreans and Eastern Europeans?

Thirdly, there is an extremely good looking pole vaulting chick from Russia, who'd a thunk a pole vaulter would be hot.

I was not previously aware of the requirement in volleyball rules that everyone must hug and touch each other inappropriately after EACH AND EVERY POINT SCORED. Very disturbing, a close second to the mens synch diving with the man and boy from US :wacko: .

:wacko:

1) How are BMX racing, synchronized diving and table tennis freaking Olympic sports - and softball and baseball are no longer?????

No one plays softball in the world, and only 4 countries play baseball

2) The American gymnasts are hawt

correction. That one ruski-american is hot. the others are built like pitbulls

3) Swimming, volleyball and gymnastics have been incredible to watch

swimming check. gymnastics check. As a few of us have said, the group hugs after every point, including opponents serving into the net is just too annoying to watch

4) Professional athletes have NO BUSINESS participating in the Olympic games

unfortunately that ship sailed a long long long time ago

5) The IOC is an ansolute joke...bitching about Bolt but allowing the Chinese to laugh in everyone's face

agreed 100%

6) China should be ashamed of themselves, for their cheating and for their politics (censoring the press, treatment of individuals participating in the opening ceremony, etc) and someone in power needs to grow a pair of ba11s and do something about it

agreed. The rest of the world lost it's balls to china a long long time ago. I guess cheap imports trumps freedom every time

7) It is clear...crystal clear, in fact, just how much this country is villified around the world

PLease give me one iota of evidence regarding this. In my opinion this is precisely the definition of the ugly american. You are convinced that the rest of the world hates you and is trying to screw you, so you are going to make sure that you are reall going to 'show them a thing or two'. What you don't realize is that no one cares the way you think they care. Making your behaviour incredibly boorish.

That said... :D:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns: