[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner to Be Named Starting QB

splotchman

I watched the first half yesterday and he looked horrid. I was actually going to bump Fitz and Boldin down but Warner has shown he knows how to get these guys the ball. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I agree Fitz and Boldin were rated about right if they had a decent QB. Now they do.

do we trust mortensen?

Apparently not so much. Surprised this isn't being discussed (from huddle player news)

The Arizona Republic reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt refuted an ESPN.com report that he has named QB Kurt Warner over QB Matt Leinart as the team's starting quarterback. Speaking on KTAR radio Monday, Aug. 25, Whisenhunt said nothing has changed since the team's last preseason game and that he hadn't even looked at tape from the game to make any decision. 'I haven't read the paper today or seen the Internet,' Whisenhunt said. 'Do we have a quarterback?' It seems like Chris Mortensen is making the decision on our quarterback for our football team, But nothing has changed.'

What sucks, if you're a Warner owner, is that Leinart is probably going to get extensive playing time this week against 2nd and 3rd string defenders, some of which will be simply trying to secure a roster spot. A good showing under those circumstances will mean nothing, but it will give the organization some breathing room if they've got their hearts set on starting him in Week One.

What sucks, if you're a Warner owner, is that Leinart is probably going to get extensive playing time this week against 2nd and 3rd string defenders, some of which will be simply trying to secure a roster spot. A good showing under those circumstances will mean nothing, but it will give the organization some breathing room if they've got their hearts set on starting him in Week One.

I agree. The owners and coaching staff alike want to start Leinart. They drafted him to be their franchise QB. From the minute Warner starts they'll be looking for excuses to get Leinart back on the field.

Published Tue Aug 26 6:40:42 a.m. PT 2008

(RotoWire) Head coach Ken Whisenhunt said on Monday that he hasn't determined whether Leinart or Kurt Warner will start in Week 1, the Cardinals' official site reports.

Analysis: “Contrary to everything [reported], nothing has changed,” Whisenhunt said. “We have not made a decision." Most observers believe that Warner will be named the starter. We're most worried about the fact that Whisenhunt hasn't done anything to stem the tide of quarterback controversy rumors. That makes it unlikely that one quarterback will hold the starting job for the entire season.