[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady is done for the season

theeohiostate

As a Fish fan it's nice to see the Pats squirm with uncertainty. As for C-PeP coming back, IF he gets a call I hope he tells the Pats to shove it up their azz. I'm so tired of people bashing C-Pep and writing him off as fluke who just flung the ball up for randy moss to catch and score TD's. Did the same Randy Moss not make Brady a fantasy god last year? Did Randy make C-pep good? Sure but the guy was still a 3-time pro bowler who lead a winning team. He's an accomplished vet who has done a hell of a lot more than many other highly touted, over rated good for nothing scrubs that get many more chances to prove time and again how much they suck. It's absolutely insane that C-Pep is not on somebody's roster in a mediocre QB NFL. It's actually a crime if you look around at the QB's currently STARTING.

As for Cassell, I think he's the man for the job. He's been in the system for years and the Pats should give him a shot. The Pats are a solid bunch with character, a solid D and great (cheating) coaching staff. I still say they go 9-7 or 10-6 with their easy schedule. They will just have to lower expectations. After all, Cassell is a back-up and will surely play like one the rest of the way.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first question that one should ask is ... how many wins do you think NE gets if Brady is healthy and plays all year? 13?

The next question you have to ask is ... how many wins do you think NE gets if Cassell is the starting QB the remainder of the year?

Surely there are not many people that believe there is no difference in the answer between the questions above. Does anybody really believe that Cassell is the caliber QB that Brady is? So how far will the drop off be? NE struggled to defeat a poor KC team. Will the level of their play improve significantly with Cassell getting the 1st team reps?

One thing seems clear to me, very clear - the Patriots are worse off without Brady. Probably significantly so. I think you can easily subtract 5 wins from their projected wins (13) before you even begin to analyze their schedule.

Probably due to the fact that Cassell knows the Offense. As Grits said, this is an actual offense, not just a chuck and duck.

Dilfer was on Colin Cowherd's show this morning and said that the Pats offense takes a long time to learn, and that this is why they're sticking with Cassel. I imagine that's also why they're bringing in Chris Simms, instead of over-paying for a bigger-name FA like Culpepper.

I don't think that the Pats win a playoff game with Cassel and a depleted secondary, but double-digit wins and a playoff appearance wouldn't surprise me. They're still a pretty strong team.