[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone have Verizon FIOS TV?

Skippy

That is TV by Verizon via FIOS?

If you do then tell me what you think of it. How does it compare to the cable pig, dish, direct or whatever you had before FIOS?

Well, I'll put it this way...I work for Verizon and get a discount for FIOS and still wont get it. Wait 3 to 5 years then get it.

I switched from Cable Vision to Verizon FIOS and never looked back. Cable was bandwidth limited, and movies would sometimes break up during peak hours... football games too. Internet service was extremely spotty....

I've had no such issues with Fios. Internet speed consistant, and always fast. TV picture NEVER breaks up. More HD channels, and the NFL network. Free DVR to boot. In my neighborhood, almost everyone switched to FIOS. The phone still works if the power goes out too.

Very happy with the service.

I switched from Cable Vision to Verizon FIOS and never looked back. Cable was bandwidth limited, and movies would sometimes break up during peak hours... football games too. Internet service was extremely spotty....

I've had no such issues with Fios. Internet speed consistant, and always fast. TV picture NEVER breaks up. More HD channels, and the NFL network. Free DVR to boot. In my neighborhood, almost everyone switched to FIOS. The phone still works if the power goes out too.

Very happy with the service.

how much is it in your area?....installation and monthly service for internet and HD programming?

Well, I'll put it this way...I work for Verizon and get a discount for FIOS and still wont get it. Wait 3 to 5 years then get it.

:wacko:

Please tell me This isn't you!!

:D

Edited by BiggieFries

how much is it in your area?....installation and monthly service for internet and HD programming?

For HBO (like 10 of em) , one HDTV set top box, DVR, NFL network, more channels, unlimited long distance, fiber internet connection with wireless router, I pay about 145 a month. I was paying about 15 a month more than that with cable. Cable had no NFLNW, no DVR, fewer HBO channels, fewer high def channels, MUCH slower net speed, not to mention the picture breakup that would occur regularly. Of course, those jerks at Cablevision dropped their shorts when I called to cancel... and said they'd cut 50 bucks off the bill. That only seved to get me more annoyed with them. I don't get MSG TV... Knicks, Rangers, etc, but I don't follow pro BB or hockey. MSG is owned by Cablevision.

For HBO (like 10 of em) , one HDTV set top box, DVR, NFL network, more channels, unlimited long distance, fiber internet connection with wireless router, I pay about 145 a month. I was paying about 15 a month more than that with cable. Cable had no NFLNW, no DVR, fewer HBO channels, fewer high def channels, MUCH slower net speed, not to mention the picture breakup that would occur regularly. Of course, those jerks at Cablevision dropped their shorts when I called to cancel... and said they'd cut 50 bucks off the bill. That only seved to get me more annoyed with them. I don't get MSG TV... Knicks, Rangers, etc, but I don't follow pro BB or hockey. MSG is owned by Cablevision.

how much was installation if you don't mind me asking....I'm actually thinking of getting it if I move outside of Philadelphia since we won't get it for awhile...

They installed mine for free... I think that might have been a promotional offer... can't remember, but I did have to commit for a year, or I would have been back billed for the install.

not bad as long as they don't try crazy shtuff like Comcast...I'd have no problem with that price...

What I was told by a woman that just got Fios, phone, internet, and soon TV is that her bill is going to be 104.99 for a year and that they installed it all for free. The TV won't come into my hood for about another month according to the guy that hooked her up due to politics with the City and Comcast but it is coming.

I am stongly considering jumping ship as everything else I have is already Verizon and I have no complaints.

Another friend of mine has had all Fios since around March and he loves it. He got the promotional price of 129.00 out in his woods but talked them into giving it to him at that price for two years. He said it took some work but they gave it to him at that price for an entire extra year.

What I was told by a woman that just got Fios, phone, internet, and soon TV is that her bill is going to be 104.99 for a year and that they installed it all for free. The TV won't come into my hood for about another month according to the guy that hooked her up due to politics with the City and Comcast but it is coming.

I am stongly considering jumping ship as everything else I have is already Verizon and I have no complaints.

Another friend of mine has had all Fios since around March and he loves it. He got the promotional price of 129.00 out in his woods but talked them into giving it to him at that price for two years. He said it took some work but they gave it to him at that price for an entire extra year.

I'd even pay more for the FIOS over Cablevision.... it's that good, and I'm that happy with it. I could lower the bill by cutting HBO and stuff, but I like this package. The NFL network was the kicker... Cablevision won't carry it. BTW,,, I've only lost FIOS service when I've lost power... Cable was MUCH less reliable in storms and whatnot. I've had it for oh... about 2 years now. Never looked back...

I really can't wait until FiOS becomes available in my area. I want to dump Cablevision so badly but I can't get a dish since I live in an apartment building. I know some people have had bad experiences with FiOS, but I find it hard to believe anything could be worse than Cablevision.

Absolutely make the change. You will not be sorry. I have all three services and the quality is outstanding all the way around. Especially if you are comparing to Comcast. This is a no brainer. I traded the dish for Fios. The only thing that I have been disappointed in is their HD channel lineup. Although it has recently improved, Fox Sports Pittsburgh is still not shown in HD. Gotta watch those Battlin Buccos on HD. :wacko: