[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Say, who's that atop the Northeast?

Chavez

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa - I started that a few weeks back, and the Bs fell back AMONG the leaders, but are putting the pedal to the metal with a 4 game win streak in which they've scored 20+ goals and allowed about 7. thumbs_u

I still don't like the thought of going through the season with Shields as the #1 'tender, though...

Ah the Bru Crew. Gotta love Murray and Big Bird Thornton (whom I have on my team along with Guerin). As long as their D and Netminder hold up reasonably well they are going to be tough. Had an Orr jersey as a kid and still remember Terry "Taz" O'Reilly kicking the sh*t out of all who came his way.

BTW, what's Cam up to these days?. He was another of my favs.

Sha-KaKa

BTW, what's Cam up to these days?. He was another of my favs.

I think that ESPN commercial a few years back covers it; they asked about his injury and he goes off - "Look at me - GARDENING! Why don't you kick my dog while you're at it..."

I know he and Denis Leary got together the annual Comics Come Home benefit that goes down every year in Boston for the Cam Neely House (I think it's a safe haven for runaways); and he pops up in some bit acting roles here and there ("Kick his ass, Seabass!"), but beyond that, I don't know what he's doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Bs notched another coupla wins this weekend to get to 36 points.

Still wish we had Dafoe back in net, but Shields and Grahame appear to be doing a creditable job. We'll see if they can keep it up; Samsonov's return along with Murray's great play minimize the loss of Guerin at F. And Berard is a bargain find - a young, quality D to hold the fort until the McLaren situation is resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
Tokes

..that team is going no where.  They might finish first in thier conference or first overall..but they will be out of the playoffs by the first or second round.

Well, it all hinges on whether Grahame or Shields can develop into a money goaltender, something the Bruins haven't had in forever. Both have been solid so far, but the big thing is can one of them get hot heading into the playoffs?

Otherwise, Boston has talent and depth up and down the roster, though not particularly a plethora of super-talented players

F

Thornton is money and a superstar on the rise; Murray has always been a bit underrated in my book. Add in Stumpel, Rolston, Axelsson, Samsonov, and Lapointe, and you have plenty of guys who know their way around the net, plus some scoring ability + muscle with PJ Stock.

D

Sweeney seems like he played with Bobby Orr; he and Hal Gill provide tough, hard-nosed play from the blue line. The addition of Berard, Girard, and Boynton adds speed and playmaking ability that was sorely lacking in last year's playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...