[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isaac Bruce

Easy n Dirty

What do you guys think about Isaac Bruce's fantasy prospects for the balance of the season? In week 1, he didn't even show up in the box score - 0 catches and I don't think he was even targeted once in that game against Arizona. But then in week 2 against Seattle, he erupts for 150+ yards receiving - although only on 4 catches (out of 8 targets).

Does he have anything left in the tank, and can he be productive this year in Martz' offense, with JT O'Sullivan at the helm?

Whaddya' think?

I posted a similar thread awhile back, but about Bryant Johnson. I personally think Johnson is the more consistent of the two as he has more catches than Ike over the past two games. Both Johnson and Bruce were on my WW so I picked up Johnson to help cushion the blow of losing Colston for several weeks.

I think Bruce will have a couple big games, but largely mediocre.

Isaac Bruce isn't going to have any more weeks like last week. The Seahawks gave him so little respect that he basically ran free all day. I don't think anybody else is going to give him that kind of coverage. It was pretty embarrassing to watch actually.

He has some play left in him. I have him stashed as a WR4 in a couple of leagues.

Look - he's old but he's literally one of those 'coaches on the field' when it comes to getting the SF offense rolling. He no doubt expressed displeasure that he wasn't thrown to in their week 1 loss, and now that they found him in the game they won I'd frankly expect more. He's worth a roster spot, and although probably won't eclipse 150 yards again I can see a few more 100 yard games. He'll score. If you're in a PPR league he's very much worth a roster spot and shouldn't be on waivers in 12 team leagues with 15+ roster spots.