[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

a dichotomy of viewpoints

Duchess Jack

It seems to me that left leaning threads get deleted and right leaning threads get locked.

Locked threads can still make people think. Left leaning threads are denied that oppertunity.

I posted 2 theads asking how Sarah Palin was being treated unfairly for being a woman. I called nobody a name. I didn't paint any side in a poor manner. I didn't address any political position. I only asked how she was being treated unfairly, because I honestly didn't (and still do not) understand it. Both threads were deleted.

I do not understand why a thread like this (one simply asking for clairification) would be deleted when others regarding politics are simply locked.

If threads need to be locked or deleted, so be it. I only ask that if the moderators are trying to keep neutral, that threads (left or right) be allowed equal time and consideration. If the moderators are simply trying to make a political statement, I am fine with that as well. I only ask that it be done out in the open.

Sorry to cause any waves.

DJ - Robert

I can assure you that there is no agenda behind the decision to lock or delete other than we would normally just delete . Not sure where this is coming from since the last locked item I saw was from two weeks ago and it was about alaska and pot which of course eventually went bad. The only time they would just be locked is when they started out with something okay and then got turned political.

the last locked item I saw was from two weeks ago and it was about alaska and pot which of course eventually went bad.

I was amazed that thread lasted as long as it did with all the moneymakers drivel in it.

I agree with Duchess. If skins was banned for not learning his lesson, I have no idea why some other people can still post here. It seems unbalanced.

I can assure you that there is no agenda behind the decision to lock or delete other than we would normally just delete . Not sure where this is coming from since the last locked item I saw was from two weeks ago and it was about alaska and pot which of course eventually went bad. The only time they would just be locked is when they started out with something okay and then got turned political.

Maybe I am imagining things. I had a little bit of booze in me last night when I wrote that and was still feeling a little sore about having those posts deleted. sorry about that. kinda the posting version of a latenight drunken call to your exgirlfriend. I blame Johnny Walker

Edited by Duchess Jack

I was amazed that thread lasted as long as it did with all the moneymakers drivel in it.

I agree with Duchess. If skins was banned for not learning his lesson, I have no idea why some other people can still post here. It seems unbalanced.

It is my understanding that the one who will remain nameless was banned, not for politics, but for personal attacks on other board members, and that he was given multiple warnings.

1 - I've seen numerous threads espousing both pov's locked and deleted. Political threads whether the begin from the lib or conservative pov's have both side's comments. Any way you look at it, both sides perspectives are being equally squelched.

2 - Quit your whining.

3 - Republicans need to quit whining about attacks on Palin. She's extremely vulnerable and that should have been recognized prior to choosing her.

4 - the sexists attacks revolve around her being denigrated for placing her political career over her family. If you don't recall the two weeks over which she was battered for this, you weren't watching CNN, reading the NY Times, or watching any other news outlet.

54 - Palin should be at home barefoot, pregnant, dressed in fur seal pelts, and cooking dinner for her family, not running around the country as the VP candidate.

Edited by SEC=UGA