[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homeland Security?

DemonKnight

I never implied you voted for anyone. I'm merely pointing out that you jump on any and every liberal viewpoint thrown out on these boards.

How many libertarians do you know who are down with most liberal policies? By nature they typically involve Gov't oversight, often taxes, and or giving public money to people who many might feel do not deserve it. Mind you, it just so happens that the current version of the GOP has an annoying habit of butting into people's private lives, spending a crap load of money, and giving said money to people who certainly don't deserve it. However, I don't recall wv acting all that happy about any of that either.

You are quietly becoming a horse's ass ...did i say quietly , meant quickly

Look dude, what you must realize is that liberty can be and often is painful. Being free to be and do what you want means you are free to succeed as only you can. It also means you can fail and must suffer those consequences as well.

Above all, you have to realize that you have NO right NOT to be offended. As someone else sagely posted, your morals and mine might be much different. Let others slander God, the Flag, whatever. It harms me not at all (and God is capable of fighting his own battles, dontcha think?).

First, I would say that morals have nothing to do with burning a flag. I may be wrong but I think that falls into the category of ethics.

Not sure i agree with that first part ... how would ethics be different with morals in the example of the flag burning

I guess my question would be is it right or wrong to burn an american flag on american soil ? i think it has to be one or the other and not simply null and void

Not sure i agree with that first part ... how would ethics be different with morals in the example of the flag burning

I guess my question would be is it right or wrong to burn an american flag on american soil ? i think it has to be one or the other and not simply null and void

Is it against the law to say you hate America? Can you be arrested for walking down the street with a shirt that says the same? I doubt it.

According to your moral compass, and mine for that matter, it would certainly be considered "wrong". However, that shouldn't be the basis for law and what you've been intimating with your previous posts scares me. On many other issues, I doubt my moral compass is in line with many other Americans and I would just as soon as not have either of us have to live by the other's standards all the time.

I don't think everything can be as black and white you're making out to be. According to the Flag Code (section 8, letter k), the proper way to dispose of an old worn out flag is to burn it if it's made of natural materials (cotton, wool, etc.) and to bury if made of nylon or some other synthetic.

So, is it right or wrong to burn the flag on American soil? I guess it depends on the circumstances.

Edited by BiggieFries