[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy FF Concept

Patriots

What about byes? Just take zeros?

Draft smart.

I would not like this lineup. Takes a lot of the managing out of the game.

That's the whole point of a "NO MAINTENANCE" League. No managing after the draft.

No sure you people are understanding CD's concept.

Talk about a confusing thread, where nearly every response does not relate to the post right before it... :wacko: I followed it for the first three posts, then after that, it took more turns than Jason Bourne in a car chase scene... :D

Actually, I take that back... It seems everything was going fine, until right about here....

You would have to manage the waiver wire, as everyone would be dropping their top players at some point during the season.

So the team you have in week 17 would be 100% different than the team you drafted.

And here....

:D

No dropping, no WW, the entire NFL is chosen during the slow draft in the 16-team concept, yeah?

So, I guess it was only one abrupt turn that lost me. :D After that, though, I was so lost that none of the following posts made any sense either. :wacko:

ok - An example. You take LT with your first pick. When its his bye week you are forced to drop him and pick up a replacement. The following week someone would have a chance to pick him up for their team for rest of the season unless he gets hurt.

I just realized that Patriots started a new thread.

Is this thread supposed to relate to Chief Dick's concept thread? If so, then, uhh, why the new thread?

If not, my apologies and I'll back out slowly, my bad, nothing to see here.

That makes sense. When Sky told me that I didn't understand CD's concept I officially knew I was over my head...considering there was no mention of CD in this thread.

ok - An example. You take LT with your first pick. When its his bye week you are forced to drop him and pick up a replacement. The following week someone would have a chance to pick him up for their team for rest of the season unless he gets hurt.

I would take a goose egg for my 1st rounder. 3rd round above, I would drop them unless they are on fire.

I understand your concept, and I think everyone else does too. What I think threw them off was the topic, which was worded to be identical to Chief Dick's from last week. People thought they were responding to his thread, which is why half of the responses seemingly didn't make sense. That said, I don't personally like your concept, because it doesn't really allow for much strategy. I guess you could argue that there IS a strategy, but given that everyone would have to drop all of their players at one point, you really have no idea who you're going to be able to pick up each week... Basically, you would be strategizing based on when your players' bye weeks fall, and speculating as to when other owners will drop certain players. No offense, but it doesn't have much of an "intriguing" twist to it, like some of the other concepts that have been thrown out there.

I just realized that Patriots started a new thread.

Is this thread supposed to relate to Chief Dick's concept thread? If so, then, uhh, why the new thread?

If not, my apologies and I'll back out slowly, my bad, nothing to see here.

No... I think they're entirely separate. CD's was to draft an entire position (similar to Team QB) for every position. Sixteen teams of two NFL teams at each fantasy position.

Patriot's was to simply have no bench, and to be required to field a starting lineup. In other words, EVERYONE gets dropped for their bye-week.

Different concepts, same topic name....