[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do Not Call Lists

Rebellab

I have had an ongoing feud with Qwest. About a year or so ago, I was called over the noon hour and I was in a meeting with my office phones forwarded. I explained to him that I was in a meeting and that if he could call back later, I would visit with him. I was serious about this btw. He got smart with me about what kind of meeting do funeral directors have etc. When I got back to my office, I call Qwest and explained to them what had happened and asked them to place me on their do not call list. Since then I get a call from Qwest about every three months. Each time I ask to speak to a supervisor and give them the story and ask them to place me on the do not call list.

Well today, I got a call from Qwest and I asked to speak to her supervisor and then I got a guy that claims he answers to no one and I explained to him the situation. Then he gave me an excuse that there are hundreds of lists and that I would need to be taken off of each one. I got a little hot and said, "You are telling me that the phone company can not take my phone number off all their call lists. There is another reason I will not use Qwest, apparently you can figure this out as well." He was going to email someone blah blah.

Is there any recourse with Qwest? I have asked repeatedly to be place on their do not call list and they seem to ignore it.

I have had an ongoing feud with Qwest. About a year or so ago, I was called over the noon hour and I was in a meeting with my office phones forwarded. I explained to him that I was in a meeting and that if he could call back later, I would visit with him. I was serious about this btw. He got smart with me about what kind of meeting do funeral directors have etc. When I got back to my office, I call Qwest and explained to them what had happened and asked them to place me on their do not call list. Since then I get a call from Qwest about every three months. Each time I ask to speak to a supervisor and give them the story and ask them to place me on the do not call list.

Well today, I got a call from Qwest and I asked to speak to her supervisor and then I got a guy that claims he answers to no one and I explained to him the situation. Then he gave me an excuse that there are hundreds of lists and that I would need to be taken off of each one. I got a little hot and said, "You are telling me that the phone company can not take my phone number off all their call lists. There is another reason I will not use Qwest, apparently you can figure this out as well." He was going to email someone blah blah.

Is there any recourse with Qwest? I have asked repeatedly to be place on their do not call list and they seem to ignore it.

Are you on the national no call registry?

This :wacko: has a list of people, along with email address and phone numbers, that you may be able to contact that he would report to.

Filing a Do-Not-Call Complaint

In addition to complaints alleging violations of the national do-not-call list, you may also file a complaint against a telemarketer who is calling for a commercial purpose (e.g., not charitable organizations) IF:

• The telemarketer calls before 8 AM or after 9 PM; OR
  • The telemarketer leaves a message, but fails to leave a phone number that you can call to sign up for their company specific do-not-call list; OR
  • You receive a telemarketing call from a company that you have previously requested not call you; OR
  • The telemarketing firm fails to identify itself; OR
  • You receive a pre-recorded commercial message from someone with whom you do not have an established business relationship and to whom you have not given permission to call you.

How to File a Complaint

You can file a complaint by e-mail (fccinfo@fcc.gov), telephone 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) TTY, by fax to 1-866-418-0232, via our electronic complaint form at http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm, or mail. For the FCC to process your complaint you must either fill in the electronic form completely or otherwise indicate:

• your name and address;
  • the home phone number where you received the solicitation;
  • identification of the individual or company whose products or services were being advertised or sold, and any phone numbers included in the call;
  • a description of the call;
  • any phone number provided to allow you to “opt-out” of future calls;
  • whether you or anyone else in your household gave the caller express prior permission to call;
  • whether you have an EBR with the caller (specifically, whether you or anyone else in your household made any purchases of property, goods, or services from the company that called, or made any inquiry or filed an application with the company prior to receiving the call).

If mailing a complaint, send it to:

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, DC 20554

Consumer Private Right of Action

In addition to filing a complaint with the FCC, consumers may explore the possibility of filing an action in a state court.

For general information, you may contact the FCC’s Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau in the following ways:

Via Internet at www.fcc.gov/cgb

Consumer Center, Voice: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) and

TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)

For this or any other consumer publication in an alternative format (electronic ASCII text, Braille, large print, or audio) please write or call us at the address or phone number below, or send an e-mail to FCC504@fcc.gov.