[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly got lucky!

millerx

A terrible, terrible officiating call let them walk away with the win. Falcons had the chance to get the ball with just over two minutes left on their own 40 yd line, only needing one touchdown to win. If the ball hadn't been given back to the Eagles without just being basically handed a 40+ yard first down with the blown call, the Falcons could have worn down the clock to nothing and scored the go ahead.

And before anyone says the Falcons wouldn't have made that drive...they had just done it on the drive before. I can't believe there hasn't been more talk about it on any of the wrap-up shows. Maybe it's because everyone just thinks the Eagles are the better team and the Falcons are...well...just the Falcons!

Edited by millerx

I guess the Falcons had no other opportunities to score in the game that they failed to capitalize on.

Refs/Umps don't win or lose games for teams. A football game is comprised of four 15 minute quarters in which both teams have the opportunity to assert their will over the other team. Atlanta was unable to assert their will over the Eagles and that is NOT the fault of officiating.

good job, you're the worst complainer ever...

I guess the Falcons had no other opportunities to score in the game that they failed to capitalize on.

Refs/Umps don't win or lose games for teams. A football game is comprised of four 15 minute quarters in which both teams have the opportunity to assert their will over the other team. Atlanta was unable to assert their will over the Eagles and that is NOT the fault of officiating.

I know I deserve this. I know you ARE right! I know it wrong to say the things I said. I also know as a Falcons fan, having been through all we have been through, it sucks to see the potential for a huge win in our turn around not even be allowed to take place because of a "ghost" call.

Just sour grapes! Go ahead and kick me, I'm guilty of this too. :wacko:

I agree it was a horrible call...the refs completely blew it. The falcons should of definatley had a shot to win the game....

On the other hand, It might of been a little learning experience for Mike Smith by using all his timeouts, therefore not being able to challenge the call. He would of had plenty of time (2.22) and a pretty confident qb to try to take his team down the field and win....

Let's not forget that Westbrook TD which wasn't called and the Eagles had to settle for a FG late in the game. I'm not going to complain about that, but point being, there are many calls that could go either way. The Falcons and their coaching staff lost the game and the Eagles won it. I've seen far worse calls in sports than the one you speak of. Just sayin'...

Edited by TDFFFreak

I know I deserve this. I know you ARE right! I know it wrong to say the things I said. I also know as a Falcons fan, having been through all we have been through, it sucks to see the potential for a huge win in our turn around not even be allowed to take place because of a "ghost" call.

Just sour grapes! Go ahead and kick me, I'm guilty of this too. :wacko:

don't be ashamed of what you originally posted b/c an Eagles fan made fun of you. Atlanta may not have won but that was a horrible call...

if i were a falcons fan, the horrible call i would be talking about was the play call on second and goal at the 1, a fade intercepted by the eagles. remind me again why they payed all that cash to a fire hydrant named michael turner and then didnt give it to him all three downs there ?