[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not a good night in Dallas...

myhousekey

I agree they obviously aren't the favorites but you've got to remember that they wouldn't see the Lakers until the Conference Finals at the earliest if both teams continued to win.

Besides...the Cowboys have little or no chance of winning a Superbowl, but you guys still cheer them on every year. wink

myhousekey:

I agree they obviously aren't the favorites but you've got to remember that they wouldn't see the Lakers until the Conference Finals at the earliest if both teams continued to win.

Besides...the Cowboys have little or no chance of winning a Superbowl, but you guys still cheer them on every year.     wink  

Wouldn't think it could get worse but there, you did it. eek!

Man, it's really disappointing to see all the negativity coming out of SOME of the Dallas fans. I guess all those Superbowls tend to spoil some fans and they figure if you can't win it all then why bother. I personally am a transplant from N.O. and have become a big Stars and Mavs fan since I moved here. (Of course with NO not having a bball/hockey team at the time it was easy to adopt them...also note, I didn't say Cowboys...the Saints have always been my NFL team) It seems like any time a Dallas team runs into some difficulty in the post season the fans just abandon them and surrender....i.e. "It's over" or "We weren't going to win the next series anyways". (What are we, the French?)

I personally will be watching/rooting on both teams tonight and tomorrow and haven't given up hope. So let's go Dallas fans! Support your teams! I'm sure you can ask allot of cities out there if they would want swap places with a town that has produced 5 Superbowls (man you guys never stop talking about that wink ), a recent Stanley Cup Champion and has perennial NBA/NHL contenders. The city really has been blessed with some good teams.

Ok, I'll end this rant now.

myhousekey

Besides...the Cowboys have little or no chance of winning a Superbowl, but you guys still cheer them on every year.     wink  [/QB]

Perhaps you werent aware of the 5 Championships? :confused: eek! :D

mhk, I'm rooting for both to win but the facts are that the ducks have us in a hole we probably can't dig our way out of and the Mavs should be able to avoid the most embarassing meltdown in the history of the NBA but now Nash's hip is a problem and the Kings are getting all this extra rest. angry

We still want them to win, but as Cowboys fans and Stars fans (although I was sure the Devils were going to get their asses kicked back in 2000, at least until 1/2 way through the first period of game 1 :D), we have a grasp of what it takes to be a Champion and unfortunately, neither of these teams look like they have it. I made it to game 3 of the Stars Edmonton series and have a ticket for a game 7 with Portland if its needed. I'm hoping the Stars can do something special as well as I think I've got a slim shot at some Western Conference Finals tickets.

Plus, by being honest about the Mavs and the Stars, we are allowed to continue to be dilusional about our #1 love, the Greatest Franchise in Professional Sports History, the 5 time Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys. loco

They definitely did all the little things and fought for that extra inch. The line between winning and losing is so fine in playoff hockey. Just look at the series recap:

Game 1 - Ducks win in 5th overtime (even after they thought they had won in 3rd OT on a goal that was disallowed due to the net being off the ground)

Game 2 - Stars appear to have tied the series but with 1 minute to play in regulation the Ducks tie it and send it to OT. Ducks go on to win the game in OT. (This was the back breaker of the series for Dallas)

Game 3 - Stars find a way to win finally 2-1 and are able to keep Anaheim off the board in the 3rd period.

Game 4 - Ducks get decisive goal with under 2 minutes to play in the game to take it 1-0.

Game 5 - In a must win situation for the Stars they dominate and win 4-1.

Game 6 - Stars go up early but Ducks claw back to take a 2-1 lead. Late in the game, with the score tied, the ducks extend the lead to 3-2. Dallas fights back and looks to tie the game but has a disallowed goal due to net movement. Finally the Stars are able to tie it late in the 3rd but once again the Ducks find a way to put one more on the board with just over a minute to play.

As a Stars fan I'm disappointed but all and all a great series and I take my hat off to the Ducks. They flat out had the will and were able to find ways to win.

Congratulations Ducks.

Now, lets go Mavs! thumbs_u