[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Very Proud Day in American History

Cowboyz1

I obviously voted for the other guy, who is a man I have really wanted to be president for the last 10 years. but a huge part of me is glad obama won. really glad. this pulls the rug out from under the grievance politics of jesse jackson and al sharpton. it pulls the rug out from under people who have gotten so bitter over the outcome of the last two presidential elections as to become rather deranged, IMO. it proves to the world what america and americans are really all about, destroying so many of their spiteful caricatures.

america didn't have anything to prove to me. I knew a black person, or a woman, or an hispanic, or anyone, could be elected if they were a good enough politician. I knew beyond any doubt that with ambition, talent and initiative, anyone in america could become anything they want to be. but I realize a lot of people here and around the world -- even many, many people who wanted to believe it was true -- really needed to have that proven to them before they would believe it themselves. I don't see this day as some pivotal moment when the country changed, I see it as a day when america showed her true colors to a lot of her skeptics and critics.