[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

heartburn sucks arse!

Robash

anyone ever had it so bad you thought you were having a heart attack and gone to the ER? kind of scarey...

I did. For a week I thought I had heart problems. Got an EKG that came out fine. The doc told me to take Prilosec as symptoms occur and haven't had a problem since.

regular OTC prilosec

come to think of it, I believe that is also 20mg which is what my prescription is for. The only advantage I can think of is that the prescription pills aren't individually wrapped so I don't have to take that pain in the ass backing off for each pill.

Chronic acid reflux is not just a PITA, it can do serious damage. For chronic problems, Prilosec (or the generic equivalent) seems to be the best treatment.... most other meds are fast acting acid reducers, while prilosec is more effective for chronic problems.

I used to hae it bad.... but have been fine for about 10 years now. I once spent 10 days in the hospital, eventually diagnosed as an acute gastriitis attack. Be careful with any steroid meds.... that is what got me in the hospital.