[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Couture Vs Lesnar

Flip_Side

Couture is so damn hard to figure out. Chuck rocked him and Lesnar certainly is capable as well. But will Lesnar get caught in a submission before he has the chance. I hope its entertaining, dont care who wins.

I agree... It's one of those fights that I could see ending very quickly... for either side. I'm just hoping that it lasts a while. The longer it goes, the more entertaining it will be... I just can't see a Lesnar fight being "boring." He's a beast, for sure... It will be interesting to see Randy's game plan for him.

As for the rest of the card, nothing that really grabs my interest too much (which probably means it will be more entertaining than most... who knows.) I think it's only a matter of time before Florian gets a title shot... dude seems to get more dominant every time I see him fight. For some reason, though, I don't really care for him... can't really pinpoint why. :wacko: My heart says cheer for Stevenson, but my head says Florian will win and eventually give Penn his biggest challenge since taking the belt. We'll see.... No matter what, I'm definitely looking forward to the December 27 card, with Forrest, Evans, Rampage, Wanderlei, and Mir vs. Nogeira. :D

No surprises last night. Randy seemed to have a decent game plan, and it worked for a while, but it's hard to go multiple rounds without running into one of Lesnar's ham-sized fists sooner or later. I would guess that Nogeira beats Mir next month and becomes Brock's first legitimate challenger. I can't really think of too many others in the HW division who stand a chance against him... I think he would beat Mir if they met again. Gonzaga appears to be "back", but even he was somewhat dominated by Verdum a few months ago, who was then knocked out brutally by Junior Dos Santos.

One guy who is a physical specimen is Cheick Kongo, but he's still relatively raw/inexperienced in MMA overall, especially in the octagon. It would be very interesting to see what he could do if he improves his takedown and ground defense. He's only lost twice in the UFC, and both were 3-round split decisions. He's got the size and strength to someday potentially take down Lesnar... it's all a question of whether he can become much more well-rounded, and actually live up to expectations as a real heavy-weight contender.

The Florian fight was no surprise... Like I said, he's the next challenger for Penn, clearly, in my opinion.

Two others who were very impressive to me last night were Damian Maia (undefeated at 185) and Dustin Hazelett, who is a submission machine. They both have a definite chance to be major factors in their respective weight classes, particularly Maia, who made VERY quick work of Nate Quarry.

Joe Rogan talked about it to no end last night, but what's up with Jorge Gurgel, who is supposedly very well-versed on the ground (and a black belt who coaches several other fighters), basically standing and trying to brawl for three rounds? He should have been attempting takedowns from the start, but didn't really do so, other than one time, until the last 30 seconds of the fight... Very frustrating to watch.