[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knee talk

nuke'em ttg

Been gettin Cortizone shots in both knees :D

Got knee scoped on the 7th

Today Dr says when did ya tear your PCL....I don't know :D

Arthritis right behind the Knee cap is the worst :D

Start Synvisc injections in a month...T_bone was nice enough to inform me that it's a Horse needle :D but I like needles :D

if that doesn't work then I go Bionic knee next spring :D

Anybody out there with a new knee.....hows that workin for ya :wacko:

Been gettin Cortizone shots in both knees :D

Got knee scoped on the 7th

Today Dr says when did ya tear your PCL....I don't know :D

Arthritis right behind the Knee cap is the worst :D

Start Synvisc injections in a month...T_bone was nice enough to inform me that it's a Horse needle :D but I like needles :D

if that doesn't work then I go Bionic knee next spring :D

Anybody out there with a new knee.....hows that workin for ya :wacko:

As you know I had mine replaced in Jan of 07 and I would never ever regret it. I had so much Arthritis it looked like a snow covered mountain all around. I would do it again in a heartbeat for my other knee when the time comes.

Meeting with a surgeon this friday to discuss maybe getting a partial knee replacement done this winter.

Did the synvisc twice the last 12 months. It helped, but wore off after 4-5 months each time. I've had enough of this chit.

Synvisc did absolutely nothing for me after 3 injections but it was "part of the process" along with wearing a Don Joy leg brace for about 2 months. I had to do all of this becuase I was only 42 when I had my knee replaced.

Do you guys play professional sports or are you just really old and think you are young!

Very far from professional sports, but I did play some very serious travel softball for about 6 years and played competitive for about 12 years on 2 knees with no meniscus. I also played travel soccer as a kid for about 8 years and that is were the damage was done initally.

Synvisc did absolutely nothing for me after 3 injections but it was "part of the process" along with wearing a Don Joy leg brace for about 2 months. I had to do all of this becuase I was only 42 when I had my knee replaced.

I know two people that said they thought the Synvisc was a miracle drug as it totally took away all their knee pain. Didn't work that way for me though. Most of my pain is on the inside of my knee. But I also get these really sharp pains right below the knee cap. The Synvisc would pretty much eliminate that pain below the knee cap for about 4 months. It would somewhat alleviate the pain on the side but not a lot. The other thing it did help with, they had exercises/rehab they wanted me to do to try and strengthen things. I could not do most of them as they hurt way too much. But once I had the injections I found it didn't hurt nearly as much to do the exercises and was now able to do them. So while I still feel like a gimp most days, I can tell the muscles in my leg around my knee are much stronger now compared to a year ago. :wacko: I would assume this will be helpful when recovering from any surgery they might do.

I know two people that said they thought the Synvisc was a miracle drug as it totally took away all their knee pain. Didn't work that way for me though. Most of my pain is on the inside of my knee. But I also get these really sharp pains right below the knee cap. The Synvisc would pretty much eliminate that pain below the knee cap for about 4 months. It would somewhat alleviate the pain on the side but not a lot. The other thing it did help with, they had exercises/rehab they wanted me to do to try and strengthen things. I could not do most of them as they hurt way too much. But once I had the injections I found it didn't hurt nearly as much to do the exercises and was now able to do them. So while I still feel like a gimp most days, I can tell the muscles in my leg around my knee are much stronger now compared to a year ago. :wacko: I would assume this will be helpful when recovering from any surgery they might do.

Without question it will. I have never had as much pain as when I was in re-hab. My doc told me to take 2 percs before and after I did my re-hab. Did I mention I LOVED my doc, and she was a younger 40's hottie too :D

Without question it will. I have never had as much pain as when I was in re-hab. My doc told me to take 2 percs before and after I did my re-hab. Did I mention I LOVED my doc, and she was a younger 40's hottie too :D

percs.....is that DR talk for nipples :wacko::D