[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB WDIS - Rank 'em

ts

A RB WDIS dilemma this week ... standard yardage & TD scoring, plus 0.5 points per reception. Rank these 3 for me:

- W. Dunn (TBB) at DET

- D. Williams (CAR) at ATL

- C. Johnson (TEN) vs NYJ

Some random thoughts:

Dunn has a great matchup against the hapless Lions, but I'm also starting A. Bryant ... will there be enough TBB offense to go around? Is Dunn still dinged up to the point where some FB or even Caddy will eat into his carries? Dunn was never a TD machine, so I'm assuming his fantasy production this week will come from yardage & receptions, even though Graham won't be there to get the goal-line looks.

Williams has been money the past few weeks - but while he's eaten up poor opposition, he's also been slowed down quite a bit by good teams ... ATL falls somewhere in the middle of the road, so which DW should I expect? In addition, Stewart now seems to be healthy, so I'd guess that CAR will stick with the RBBC approach, which may limit DW's opportunities, and he's not been all that as a pass-catching threat even when Stewart was out or limited.

Johnson has a potentially nasty matchup against the #4 (against the run) ranked NYJ defense ... but LenDale the Load has started to see less activity in the game plan over the past few weeks, and CJ is maybe the best PPR producer of my three choices. In addition, the past few weeks have not been exactly highlight reels for CJ, although he's had some tough matchups ... I don't know that the "rookie wall" is in fact looming for him, but fact of the matter is that he's slowed down a bit in recent weeks.

So - give me some ideas on how you'd rank these RBs as possible starters for this week, and why you'd choose one of them over the others. I need to pick ONE of these only, since I'm starting Marshawn Lynch at KCC in my other RB spot (unless someone can convince me why I should sit Lynch for one of these dudes), and don't have the luxury of playing 3 RBs in this league. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by ts

I like CJ based on pure upside potential. White is slowly disappearing and rumor has it may even be out or limited this week. Also his pass catching ability should be huge in this game. If the running game don't work, screens will certainly be used to make up for it. I see a score or 2 in his immediate future. :wacko:

Edited by alchico

Hard to believe that the Jets are considered a bad matchup ... but that is where we are today. Having said that I believe there are a number of factors that make me consider CJ to be the clear cut starter (number 1) in that list.

1) I don't believe the Jets are going to be able to run against Tennessee

2) With no ground game and a nasty Tennessee defense I think we are likely to see 2 or more Favre interceptions

3) Tennessee will get some opportunities to have a short field and I think this favors CJ

4) There seems to be a health issue with White and he may not even play this week

In my mind that leaves us choosing between DW and Dunn as 2nd on the list. DW is a wild card because of Stewart. I just don't think Carolina has been playing that great ... but here they are at 8-2. :confused: If we knew DW would get all the work he would be an easy start too. Dunn has a nice match up and I could see him getting 100 yards ... I'm less convinced he will score any TDs. I think the safe start is Dunn because he is almost guaranteed to get 100 yards and could get a TD. DW is the riskier, swing for the fences play ... he could end up with 40 yards and no TDs or he could have 110 yards and 1 or 2 TDs.

In the end all three could end up with about the same numbers ... which is why we are struggling to rank 'em.

Having said all that ... I'd pair CJ with Lynch.

OK.....I don't always listen to KFFL.....but FWIW, they have Williams listed pretty far ahead of Dunn and CJ in this week's matchups, even in PPR leagues.

He's a solid tier 1......the other two are tier 2, with Dunn being listed as a Strong Play tier 2.....and CJ listed as a Weak Play tier 2. :wacko:

That being said.....Williams didn't have a stellar game last time they played the Falcons.....so I'm not really sure how they've come to this conclusion. I think your hunches about Dunn are correct......with Graham now on IR, I don't think Gruden will use Dunn heavily if they go ahead by a bunch of points in this game.

Not trying to throw a wrench in this for you, ts......because my feeling is that The Jets have faced some pretty weak RBs and rushing games and the stronger ones were faced in weeks where the main RB was hurt or not playing. I think the Jets' rushing defensive ranking is artificially high. This WILL be a QB matchup......make no mistake. The so called "game manager" facing the highly touted gunslinger......lol. The big difference is Collins doesn't have that many weapons and CJ is usually a good passing target. Gage is coming around......and his TEs are heavily in the mix.

After all is said and done......if it were my choice (and I have all these choices on teams.....and no Lynch) I'd play CJ too. Just be aware he could very easily come away with a measly 6 pts too, if this just turns into a defensive battle and a low scoring game.

I have CJ and decided to sit him this week for T. Jones. I am guessing Jones has a better dat between the 2 simply because he gets the ball 20+ times a game. The rookie wall is a issue as well BUT if I didnt have to choose between Jones and CJ, I would play CJ.

Thanks for all the replies - frankly I am a bit surprised at all the votes in favor of CJ, I figured that DW would get a few more positive reviews here ... still, this is probably a good problem for me to have.

Thanks again.

E2A: Well, it's still early yet, but:

Last Play: 1-10-DET 13(11:25) (Shotgun) W.Dunn left tackle for 13 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Hmmm.

Edited by ts

Well now ...

- Dunn scored, managed ~125 yards, 5 catches.

- Williams has 1 TD & ~70 yards rushing (3rd quarter as I type this) no catches.

- Johnson ... no score, 3 catches, ~60 yards.

Quite clearly, if I lose this week in my local league, it will not be my own fault for being unable to select the correct lineup on my own, but rather the fault of all those who gave me free (well-intentioned, if ill-advised) WDIS advice, or perhaps the fault of all the fantasy football websites that did not project accurate statistics down to the yard, or perhaps the fault of the NYJ run defense that did show up today after all, or perhaps the fault of the TEN coaching staff that came up with a poor game plan ... or perhaps the fault of the universe in general, which frequently seems to conspire with all of the stars & planets to screw me in some regard.

But whatever else, it will NOT be my own fault if I lose today in my local.

Here's hoping that Larry Fitzgerald puts up 5 / 75 / 2 in the second half today, or that Brees manages 400 / 4 / 0 Monday Nite. At least I was smart enough to play DW in the other league where I own him.

Gawd I have a love / hate relationship with this game.

:wacko:

Have NO illusions. It's totally and completely YOUR fault. :wacko:

LOL ... no way bunzy-buddy ... I will take all the credit when I happen to make a correct decision, but if the wrong choice is made, I'll find a way to hang the blame elsewhere somehow!

:D