[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question regarding playoffs....

Can 2 teams in the same division play each other in round 1 of the playoffs?

For example, Division winner to play wild card team even though they are in the same division.

Or should the playoffs be set up so the best team plays the worst team (record wise) in the playoffs?

Right now, I am winning my division and the wild card is going to come out of my division. But the wild card team will have a better record than the other division winners.

So the way it is shaping up is that I will play the wild card team in the first round (both in same division) Funny thing is, is that I am playing that team in the final week of the season so it looks like we will play eachother 2 weeks in a row.

Looking for some thoughts on this and weather or not to change this rule in our leage.

Thanks in advance!!!

I've played it just about every way in my various leagues.

a lot depends on how many teams make the playoffs and how the league is structured (ie, number of divisions)

With two divisions and 6 teams advancing we mimic the NFL and have the two division winners get a bye, then have the 2 and 3 from each division play each other, with winner advancing to play their division winner. This way the title game is division vs. division.

In another, we have 3 divisions, and the top 2 division winners get a bye, then the 3rd division winner plays the lowest rated wild card team.

Old NFL rules did not have divisional teams playing each other in the first round if it could be avoided. That is no longer the case.

With that, even in FF, divisional foes can face each other if the seeding calls for those 2 teams to face each other.

i have two leagues, both have 3 divisions (one has tow conferences, with three divs in each), 4 teams per division. The top two per division make the run, along with 2 wild crads. The records don't matter as they are 'seeded' as the 7th and 8th teams. So sure enough the best first place team plays the worst w/c...and so on, 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5..........

It can suck, facing a great w/c team.....just gota remember you are better then that team.. :wacko: