[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dare I sit Ronnie Brown this week?

malta69

12 team PPR league. I made the playoffs as a #4 seed wildcard (7-6) although my squad really isnt very good, specifically at the RB positions, I'm going up against a #5 seed whose squad is arguably much worse. Here is my lineup for the week:

QB J.Cutler

RB F.Gore and R.Brown

WR B.Marshall, L.Evans & S.Holmes

TE Z.Miller

K D.Akers

DEF Tennessee

Anyways I'm considering sitting Ronnie Brown (@ Buff) in favor of Sammy Morris (@ Sea.) basically because I'm going up against a pretty beatable squad and feel like Morris gives me my best chance at 100 yds and a TD. Hearing the news that Hasselbeck will be out makes me feel even stronger about the Morris play. My only fear is that this may be the one week where Brown actually blows up and gets 20 plus touches. Odds are I'm probably overthinking this one and should just stick with Brown, but I thought I'd get the general consensus on this play. Any thoughts?

Any other thoughts on this one? I'll gladly return the favor.

If it helps at all, this is the team I'm going up against:

QB M.Schaub

RB B.Jacobs and M.Lynch

WR T.J.Housh, A.Bryant and ethier D.Branch/M.Jenkins

TE V.Shianco

K J.Reed

DEF Balt.

As I said, on paper I feel I have the more well rounded team except at RB. I'm looking to start the guy who gives me the best chance at 100 yds and a TD which I feel at this point may be Brown

Edited by malta69

If you really think your squad is stronger, I think Sammy Morris is a safer player; maybe not as big an upside, but a better bet to put up 60 yards and a TD. If you were the underdog, I'd be inclined to gamble on Brown.

Agree with above. Brown may lose carries to Ricky in Toronto, but he's still a safe and solid play with plenty of upside.

Morris is also safe, but a lot less upside, IMO.

Still, I would probably go with Brown in this one, especially since you feel you have the edge. Brown should rip off chunks of yardage, at least.

Please see mine....

Tough call. Neither are involved in the passing game ( Brown was in a previous life); both should get the same number of carries (considering the R. Williams factor); and the defensive matchups are similar. I believe that the weather in Seattle calls for rain (80%) but with little wind. There might be your x-faxtor in playing S. Morris. I am benching Brown in favor of Addai/Rhodes (whoever starts) and Hillis (my new toy). Since game 1 against New England, what has Brown done of any significance? Lately, he has been sitting on my bench.

By the way, I also have Holmes. Hasn't he been GREAT this year? He and Braylon Edwards were my first 2 recievers drafted. Needless to say, it has been a scamble just to make the playoffs. Good luck this week.

Food for thought.

The huddle says:

The Seattle defense has allowed six touchdowns to RBs in their last four games. In 2008, they’ve given up the 11th most fantasy points to RBs. Give Patriots RB Sammy Morris a nod this week if your other options aren’t looking good. Morris has averaged 4.5 yards per carry the last two games against tough run defenses. He even managed to score a touchdown last week against the Steelers, who rarely give up rushing scores. I like Morris’ chances of finishing with 100 all-purpose yards and a score.