[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL rule question

Piranha

Maybe this belongs in the IDP forum, but I though I would get more feedback here...

A friend of mine and I had a conversation this morning.

He had S Phillips in last night, and got credit for a sack on his forced fumble on the QB. As he should have...

But if someone forces a fumble on a RB / WR, do they get credit for the tackle?

Can anyone provide a link to this rule by any chance? Didn't get much help in the official NFL rulebook on this

:wacko:

This is hard to do as a tackle is an unofficial stat, unlike sacks or fumbles. And the "tackle" is undefined on what consuites it. We depend on stat services to giving a best estimate but those differ from indidual team totals.

With that said, a tackle is usually credited if there was a forced fumble.

Maybe this belongs in the IDP forum, but I though I would get more feedback here...

A friend of mine and I had a conversation this morning.

He had S Phillips in last night, and got credit for a sack on his forced fumble on the QB. As he should have...

But if someone forces a fumble on a RB / WR, do they get credit for the tackle?

Can anyone provide a link to this rule by any chance? Didn't get much help in the official NFL rulebook on this

:wacko:

Phillips would have gotten a Tackle/Sack and Forced Fumble on that play...is this a question about stats or a particular play?

If it is a particular play I can try and find it if you tell me the game and who was involved

Phillips would have gotten a Tackle/Sack and Forced Fumble on that play...is this a question about stats or a particular play?

If it is a particular play I can try and find it if you tell me the game and who was involved

It was Shaun Phillips on his sack/forced fumble on JaMarcass Russell.

ahh lol. I'd like to see it too cause I'm not sure you get credited for a tackle as well as a sack do you?

yes you do....however...last week I saw an oddity in that will smith was credited with a 1/2 sack but didnt get credit for an assist...

Phillips recorded 3 solos 2 assists 2.5 sacks and 1 FF

here are the plays he was involved in:

RED= Tackle

Green=Assist

Purple=Sack

Blue=Forced Fumble

3-8-OAK12 (10:16) (Shotgun) J.Russell sacked at OAK 12 for 0 yards (S.Phillips). FUMBLES (S.Phillips) [s.Phillips], RECOVERED by SD-J.Tucker at OAK 12. J.Tucker to OAK 12 for no gain (Z.Miller).

1-10-OAK41 (8:16) J.Fargas left end to OAK 44 for 3 yards (S.Phillips).

1-5-OAK24 (12:52) J.Russell pass short middle to Z.Miller to OAK 30 for 6 yards (S.Cooper, S.Phillips).

3-14-OAK38 (10:33) A.Walter sacked at OAK 28 for -10 yards (sack split by J.Tucker and S.Phillips). Penalty on OAK-K.Harris, Offensive Holding, declined.

3-6-OAK39 (6:34) A.Walter sacked at OAK 29 for -10 yards (S.Phillips).

Add up the COLORS:

I highlited the word SACKED since I couldnt make his name red and purple for the tackle/sack

Red: 3

Green: 2(the half sack was an assist so thats why that sacked is GREEN)

Purple 2.5(not it says SPLIT that is the 1/2 sack)

Blue: 1

Edited by keggerz