[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COLTS

Shorttynaz

THey better stuff that D-Line full of Chunky Soup before they play there 1st playoff game, or they are done. I love the Colts and they are my dark-horse pick to run through the AFC, but good lord that D looked pretty pathetic early on. Against a more formidable offense, they could have easily been down 3-4 TD's by half-time.

Your most likely Super Bowl winner ISMHO.

Really? Why? I was actually going to say I think they don't have much of a shot. Sure they have won 8 in a row, impressive, but against who? They don't look like a SB winner to me at all. They can't run the ball very effectively and their Defense has been suspect for how many weeks now, against the lowly Lions and Jags :wacko: I like the Colts, but right now I am hoping for a Steelers vs. Pathers SB.

Your most likely Super Bowl winner ISMHO.

I like them this year but I don't see a favorite. Maybe the Cowboys, Giants or Steelers but think it depends on who gets their shlt together come playoff time. The Colts D will have to step it up if they are to make it.

Any team that makes the playoffs could do it. It should make for an interesting Smack Bowl. :wacko:

Really? Why? I was actually going to say I think they don't have much of a shot. Sure they have won 8 in a row, impressive, but against who? They don't look like a SB winner to me at all. They can't run the ball very effectively and their Defense has been suspect for how many weeks now, against the lowly Lions and Jags :wacko:

Unfortunately, I agree. They can't run the ball and can't stop the run. That's a recipe for another one-and-out. And despite Freeney clearly getting healthier, their pass-rush is still mediocre. They made Garrard look like Tom Brady for the first three quarters. I don't like them on the road in Pittsburgh or Tennessee.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell that they're in the playoffs. But this team clearly lacks the talent of the '03-'07 squads, and I'm tempering my expectations. Here's hoping that they prove me wrong.

Hat, for the weakness on D, which for some reason gets a major upgrade when Sanders is in there, the O is better than any team in the league. You don't see NFL teams recovering from the type of defecits this team is recovering from. I think the Steelers and Colts make the best the AFC has to offer at this time.

As always, Swerski makes good points. When they won the Super Bowl, they didn't have to run in that game. They used the passing game as extended hand offs and that is just as good.

Just a gut feeling, but I can see this team going to and winning the Super Bowl this year, and they've pretty much been under the radar all year...and the year they won, their D turned it on in the playoffs. I see the same thing happening here.

Hat, for the weakness on D, which for some reason gets a major upgrade when Sanders is in there, the O is better than any team in the league. You don't see NFL teams recovering from the type of defecits this team is recovering from. I think the Steelers and Colts make the best the AFC has to offer at this time.

As always, Swerski makes good points. When they won the Super Bowl, they didn't have to run in that game. They used the passing game as extended hand offs and that is just as good.

Just a gut feeling, but I can see this team going to and winning the Super Bowl this year, and they've pretty much been under the radar all year...and the year they won, their D turned it on in the playoffs. I see the same thing happening here.

Very well possible and could happen. I can see them beating just about any team and the scary part is no matter how well they played on Off last night you could tell Manning was still very frustrated throughout the game with a lot of the excecution on the field. If they gel at the right time I can see them beating just about anyone, but IMO I see that one team just needs to wear that Defense down early and keep the ball from Manning to disrupt his timing and could lead to a loss.

When they won the Super Bowl, they didn't have to run in that game. They used the passing game as extended hand offs and that is just as good.

Agreed that their utilization of the short pass of Addai (10 receptions in the SB) helped them big-time. But I wouldn't say that they "didn't have to run" in that game. Clearly, they did (190 yds between Addai and Rhodes), as they did two weeks earlier against New England. The Colts only threw two passing TDs in the SB and AFC Championship Game that year, with one going to their fullback on the goal line.

We saw what happened when the Colts couldn't run the ball in the playoffs last year. They were forced to throw the ball in the red zone, which resulted in two turnovers (one occurred inside the 1-yd line). If Peyton stays white-hot, I agree that they could pull it off with an Andy Reid-like pass-happy game plan. But if Peyton has even an average game in January or they run into some really bad weather, they'll be in trouble.

If they gel at the right time I can see them beating just about anyone, but IMO I see that one team just needs to wear that Defense down early and keep the ball from Manning to disrupt his timing and could lead to a loss.

I agree with this. Jacksonville executed the "control the clock" aspect for most of the game.

While Peyton had an outstanding regular season in 2006 (his best, IMO), he wasn't the difference in the playoffs. Their difference was that they were solid in the trenches. They ran the ball effectively and they limited their opponents on the ground (except for New England who, remarkably, panicked and abandoned their running game in the second half). Winning the battle up front was what separated 2006 from 2005, 2004, and 2003.

Edited by Bill Swerski