[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Satalite TV Question

Duchess Jack

I had Direct TV...

When I got HD the Direct TV guy said he could not get a bead on an HD satalite.

When I first got the Direct TV at the place, the guy said he could not get a bead on the satalite, but for whatever reason the TV was coming in fine in the house. This was not the case with HD.

So, I went with my local cable company who was recently bought by Comcast.

I HATE Comcast.

So... I am kicking around Dish Network. Does anybody know what direction the dish needs to be facing?

You know, when I first got HD DirecTv, the bonehead said he couldn't get the HD signal either. I promptly went up on the roof, connected the dish to my box and pulled in a perfect signal. Sometimes, the installer isn't the sharpest tack in the box.

where do you live that this is such a problem for you?

I've a middle unit on a townhouse. The association will only let me have the dish on my deck with has a perfect view to the west. With DirectTV I need a SW exposure. With Dish Network, I need an eastern exposure. Fios... just isn't in my area yet.

I've a middle unit on a townhouse. The association will only let me have the dish on my deck with has a perfect view to the west. With DirectTV I need a SW exposure. With Dish Network, I need an eastern exposure. Fios... just isn't in my area yet.

Have you thought about moving? :wacko:

If the simple fact of being in Jersey hasn't gotten me to do it... Comcast is unlikely to be able to.

you have a very valid point there. :D

We're only 3 years in on this place. We figure another 4 - which is when my little one leaves for college.

Sounds like a good plan I guess. 4 years without decent sat-tv could be tough. But then, like you say, you live in Jersey...so you are used to roughing it. :wacko:

In New Jersey the antenna should be pointed as follows:

EL 38 degrees

AZ 225 degrees

The LBN should be skewed off verticle by 24 degrees if that doesn't work try skewing off horizontal plane 24 degrees. Signal come in vertical and horizontal and your reception will be one or the other

On the roof will get you a better signal than on your deck

If your really desperate

purchase /rent a second antenna and LBN

set the both up and run two cables into a satellite signal splitter (two in one out) the increased signal strength should work.