[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World War Z

cliaz

If any of you all in here enjoy reading and are looking to read something very good and very original, I highly recommend you all pick up Max Brook's "World War Z".

Don't google it, don't read spoilers. Its a quick read and you will love it.

Hmmm ... I got that for Christmas, have not started it yet though ... nice to hear a positive review however.

excellent. When you are done, you should pick up his first book called, Zombie survival guide. Its a tonge and cheek book on surviving a zombie plague.

I got the book for X-mas and knocked it out. I'm reading through it again today. I give it :wacko::D

excellent. When you are done, you should pick up his first book called, Zombie survival guide. Its a tonge and cheek book on surviving a zombie plague.

After reading WWZ, I found the Zombie Survival Guide to be a bit of a disappointment. You should read ZSG first.

• 3 months later...
After reading WWZ, I found the Zombie Survival Guide to be a bit of a disappointment. You should read ZSG first.

I can't believe I missed this.

ZSG is a great, quick read. I love it. But Brooks went way beyond himself with WWZ. That's an awesome book, the Fall of Yonkers is my favorite chapter. I am worried about the movie though... no reason other than I fear Hollywood will F it up.

Anybody read Kirkman's "The Walking Dead"? It's my favorite comic, but I also feel that it's the best Zombie fiction ever written. It's set in the Romero-verse (like Brooks' works) and is an amazingly tense and unsettling read. Nobody is safe... ever, and it is really well balanced between character driven horror and zombie menace. It just hit issue 60, if you aren't reading it, try out the first graphic novel and you will be hooked.

On the other hand, there is a series of zombie books by Wellington. The first book is called "Monster Island", starts off with a great premise but quickly loses itself and becomes a sloppy, lazy read. I have never read the follow ups since I was so disspointed by the end of that first one. I DO NOT recommend it at all.

Apparently some enterprising fellow just took Jane Austen and added zombies to the mix - the book, I believe, is called Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies.

It has ninjas too. I am not joking.

Apparently some enterprising fellow just took Jane Austen and added zombies to the mix - the book, I believe, is called Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies.

if my wife only knew 10 years ago that it could that easy to get me interested in anything by Jane Austen.

Of course, she would also realize that it could be that easy to get her DISinterested in anything by Jane Austen.

And it's supposed to be good to boot.

I got my wife World War Z about a year ago and she really enjoyed it FWIW.