[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Israel v Hamas

BeeR

From what I read in the NYT today, Hamas already asked for a sit down to talk truce, and Israel told them to shove it.

In short, it sounds like Israel is going to go medieval on their asses.

They already had a truce and Hamas violated it multiple times. They have pushed their luck one too many times and now must pay their tab.

From what I read in the NYT today, Hamas already asked for a sit down to talk truce, and Israel told them to shove it.

They already had a truce and Hamas violated it multiple times. They have pushed their luck one too many times and now must pay their tab.

I think at this point Isreal may only come to a table with a Hamas who is negotiating from their knees.

Link

Yup.

I think the Israelis have been more than patient with these little pricks. Hamas has barely made it out of the 19th century and now that they have (and are using) rockets, Israel is going to send them back.

I'd say that Hamas ought to learn not to bring a knife to a gun fight, but they'll never be smart enough to learn that.

Looks that way.

GAZA (Reuters) – Israel on Wednesday rejected calls for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip and stepped up preparations for a possible ground offensive after Hamas's long-range rockets hit another major population center.

Israeli aircraft carried out more than 10 air strikes in sharply reduced operations in rainy weather that allowed many Gaza residents to venture out to shop for food for the first time since the start of Israel's five-day-old offensive.