[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dylan's Best

SheikYerbuti

Which album is Bob's best?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is Bob's best?

• The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
    • The Times They Are a'Changin
    • Bringing It All Back Home
    • Highway 61 Revisited
    • Blonde on Blonde
    • John Wesley Harding
    • Blood on the Tracks
    • Time Out of Mind
    • Modern Times
    • Other (specify)
    • None. Dylan's voice makes me want to break plate glass.
    • A Hard Puddy's Gonna Fall

Dylan ain't exactly a songbird but he could deliver his lyrics with some venom. Hurricane is a great example (although the song was based on a false premise).

As for the lyrics, Dylan is #1, everyone else is #2 and below and it's not even close.

meh. it depends on the era you grew up in I guess. don't get me wrong, he can write lyrics, just not as meaningful ones to me or a few others in my generation.

That's because education now is in the crapper. :wacko:

+1

although there must have been a precipitous decline the moment you left school. :D

Because the same thing sure as hell happened when I left school. :D:D

As a one time acknowledged Dylan aficionado who owns everything he did prior to 1979 I would list my favorites as:

Highway 61 Revisited

John Wesley Harding

Bob Dylan

Another Side Of Bob Dylan

Freewheelin'

If you weren't around to catch him at the start I can understand not being a fan. But for those of us that were... well... the guy was so far above whomever was in 2nd place it wasn't even something one would have considered.

Could be considered the most covered solo artist of all time I would think. So he must have done something right.

In that thread, I was saying I like Tom Petty but that was in the context of critiquing his Super Bowl performance. That's not who I really like listening to though.

I'd say I like groups like Boston, Kansas, Styx, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey, REO Speedwagon for the older stuff. Matchbox 20, Nickelback, The Fray, Coldplay, Daughtry, John Mayer and the like for the newer. Also lke Jimmy Buffett, Pretenders, Alanis Morisette. some Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, Hinder, Finger Eleven, U2, The Eagles.

Pretty broad range of music - just never really got into the older stuff. I'm 43 so I think I just missed the time frame where I woulda grown up on the Dylans of the world.

Edited by Cunning Runt

In that thread, I was saying I like Tom Petty but that was in the context of critiquing his Super Bowl performance. That's not who I really like listening to though.

I'd say I like groups like Boston, Kansas, Styx, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey, REO Speedwagon for the older stuff. Matchbox 20, Nickelback, The Fray, Coldplay, Daughtry, John Mayer and the like for the newer. Also lke Jimmy Buffett, Pretenders, Alanis Morisette. some Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, Hinder, Finger Eleven, U2, The Eagles.

Pretty broad range of music - just never really got into the older stuff. I'm 43 so I think I just missed the time frame where I woulda grown up on the Dylans of the world.

I'm willing to bet that you probably have no older brothers or sisters? I'm 46 and I have/had 6, all older. That's where I got to know a bunch of the older stuff.