[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has any other team accomplished this?

Chavez

Clarke Hinkle retired as the NFL's all-time leader in rushing yards.

Don Hutson retired as the NFL's all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving tds (the td mark stood for 40+ years).

Brett Favre retired (and un-retired but remains...) the NFL's all-time leader in passing yards and tds (and att/comp/int as well).

Has any other team accomplished this triumvirate? Maybe the Eagles came close with Steve Van Buren and Norm Van Brocklin (lotsa Dutchmen on that team... (yes, I know Van Buren was Filipino or some such thing)) but I don't know that they had that great WR...Tommy McDonald, maybe?

Note: I am not looking to start a "which franchise is greater than any other" argument, just think it's an interesting statistical anomaly.

Also, the Niners had Joe Perry and Jerry Rice, but I don't know that they had a "lifer" retire as a leader in any notable passing stat...Young and Montana are tops in rating but not in any raw statistical category. I think Tittle (not a "lifer") and John Brodie both fall a little bit short.

Potential winner:

The Washington/Boston Braves/Redskins (aside - can anyone tell me why the hell they don't just go back to the "Braves" name?) had Cliff Battle (first recognized career rushing leader), Charley Taylor (retired as NFL's career rec leader), and Sammy Baugh had to be damn close to the NFL's most prolific passer when he retired.

Championships-

1929 Curly Lambeau 12-0-1

1930 Curly Lambeau 10-3-1

1931 Curly Lambeau 12-2-0

1936 Curly Lambeau 10-1-1

1939 Curly Lambeau 9-2-0

1944 Curly Lambeau 8-2-0

1961 Vince Lombardi 11-3-0

1962 Vince Lombardi 13-1-0

1965 Vince Lombardi 10-3-1

1966 Vince Lombardi

1967 Vince Lombardi 9-4-1

1996 Mike Holmgren 13-3-0

1967 Vince Lombardi 9-4-1

1996 Mike Holmgren 13-3-0

George Halas had 8

George Halas' career ledger reads as follows: 63 years as an owner, 40 as a coach, 324 wins, and 8 NFL titles as a coach or owner.

Breaking down the franchises by number:

Starting with 32....Carolina, Jax, Houston, TB, Seattle, never mind.

27....Forget New Orleans and Atlanta as well. Dallas never had the prolific QB, Minny never had the RB.

23...actually, let's make it simpler:

NFL all-time leading rushers:

Cliff Battles - Was/Bos

Clarke Hinkle - GB

Joe Perry - SF

Steve Van Buren - Phi

Jim Brown - Cle

Walter Payton - Chi

Emmitt Smith - Dal

You can probably discount the Browns, Bears, and Cowboys - they never had a WR (Chi and Cle) or QB (Dal) with the numbers necessary to complete the trifecta. So that leaves SF, Phi, and Was as the contenders for this statistical feat.

:wacko:

Is anyone else imagining watching randull's face collapse as he's sitting on the computer in his Mom's basement?

:D You're watching my face. What shirt am I wearing? Which finger am I holding up?

Time to put you on ignore.

Wow... If that can get someone put on ignore then half of the league doesn't see my posts...

I think it's sort of a culmination thing. WV has an odd habit of following Randall throughout these forums saying the same stupid thing over and over. I would imagine that has to wear thin at some point.

Potential winner:

The Washington/Boston Braves/Redskins (aside - can anyone tell me why the hell they don't just go back to the "Braves" name?) had Cliff Battle (first recognized career rushing leader), Charley Taylor (retired as NFL's career rec leader), and Sammy Baugh had to be damn close to the NFL's most prolific passer when he retired.

Art Monk also reired as the all-time catch leader

Art Monk also reired as the all-time catch leader

By my research:

Green Bay:

Clarke Hinkle retired as all-time rushing yds leader

Don Hutson retired as all-time rec, rec yds, rec tds (overall tds, and probably overall scoring as far as that goes) leader; Billy Howton retired as all-time rec and rec yds leader; James Lofton retired as all-time rec yds leader

Brett Favre holds/will retire with the all-time pass yds and pass td record.

Just as a bonus, Reggie White retired as all-time sacks leader, but whether he's an "Eagle" or a "Packer" is up for debate I guess.

Was:

Cliff Battles retired as all-time rushing yds leader

Monk and Taylor both retired as all time rec leaders, but weren't close in yds or tds.

Sammy Baugh retired as all-time pass yds and td leader.

SF:

Joe "The Jet Perry" retired as all-time rushing yds leader

Jerry Rice retired as all-time rec, rec yds, and rec tds (and total tds) leader

Montana/Young didn't lead in any "raw" statistical category but are 1-2 in passer rating.

Paul Warfield- WR

Warfield, at no point in his career, would have topped Billy Howton's career catch numbers, Lance Alworth's yardage numbers*, or Don Hutson's td numbers.

* - I'm not 100% sure that Alworth was the yardage leader, but his yardage numbers were significantly better than Howton's at his retirement in '72; Warfield's were marginally better than Howton's at his retirement in '77; ergo, even if someone had better #s than Alworth, it wasn't Warfield.