[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stimulus Bill - For or Against?

Perchoutofwater

Are you for or against the stimulus bill?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a vote, would you vote for or against the stimulus bill as it is currently or with minor changes?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do tax cuts create jobs in a bad economy? I don't see how given most with money to invest will do it elsewhere until the economy improves.

But Boner is on now with other republicans saying this is a spending not a jobs bill.

What to republicans would create jobs(other than doing nothing)?

This looks like Herbert Hover revisited.

If people were buying I could see cuts creating some jobs but now?

Theatrics. Republicans like grabbing some tiny issue and blowing it up to a mountain. I would question whether that's even the bill in question.

Bring back the nuclear option and have majority votes. If they complain bring back their quotes and video about up and down votes.

The same reason why he would steal a tv after the Rodney King Verdict, or lift an LCD from a storefront after a lakers game... it is in his DNA to steal during a time of perceived crisis, or anarchy.

If anything deserves to get a thread gunned this racist piece of sh!t is it. :wacko:

Honestly, how does H8 continue to have posting priveleges around here?

Edited by cre8tiff

Theatrics. Republicans like grabbing some tiny issue and blowing it up to a mountain. I would question whether that's even the bill in question.

Bring back the nuclear option and have majority votes. If they complain bring back their quotes and video about up and down votes.

no, theatrics is when you have the bankers on capital hill and complain that there are no minorities up there. or complain about cc rates for sub prime card holders.

how can you vote for something you havent fully read?

Edited by dmarc117

man, this is not theatrics. this is lunacy. the bill is 1100 pages, so it's one big ass stack of paper. what is this thing? war and peace? how do you create such a monstrosity and then demand a vote the next day? what the frack is going on? theatrics? are you kidding me? how do you support something about which you know nothing? of course, one could say that is how obama was elected ...

this is not a focused stimulus plan that is trying to get the economy moving with swift, clear moves. this is a godzilla of a bill packed with something for nearly every democratic pet cause in existence. it is shameful and disgusting ... all under the guise of, "we have to do something!!!"