[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TJ Howsmydriving won't be franchised by Bengals

Bengal Mania

went up on Bengals.com today.

TJ is a bad-ass, arguably their best (or at least most-valuable) player. But I still think it makes sense not to franchise him. He doesn't want to be franchised, and you know he doesn't even want to be here (insert your own joke), although he's being professional about it, for the most part.

I think the Bengals, although it hurts to lose him, are better spending their money somewhere else, rather than paying a disgruntled, aging (although still good) vet. I would honestly be ok with it if they would also dump Chad and see if they can re-load at WR. He's not good enough anymore to be worth the money he's paid, or the headache he brings. Better to cut ties w/ the past and try for the future.

Shayne Graham, on the other hand, is a top tier kicker. Or at least close enough to it that he's not grossly overpaid by the tag. My money says they work a 3 or 4 year deal for him.

yep, our franchise player is a kicker ...

:wacko:

i guess it probably makes financial sense somehow but it isn't that inspiring.

Doesn't that personify Mike Brown's cheap ass to a T? I agree that the money could be better utilized elsewhere, but it remains to be seen if it actually will. First, what premiere FA would want to come to Cin? Second, Mike Brown could very well just keep that extra dough just to have extra dough. He's done it in the past. Our D was pretty good last year. Especially considering how bad our Offense was, so I'd like to see us improve that side of the ball even more.

TIme to re-make the franchise. Agree on dumping perennial overrated dipsh** extroadinaire CJ too. Except......this would leave them so thin at WR (with the other massive dipsh** Henry the only guy around). And I don't see Crabtree as an option unless SEA would bother with TJ, which would be incredibly stupid - they should nab the crab.

Have fun in Miami TJ. :wacko: Actually I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay him what he'll likely ask.

TIme to re-make the franchise. Agree on dumping perennial overrated dipsh** extroadinaire CJ too. Except......this would leave them so thin at WR (with the other massive dipsh** Henry the only guy around). And I don't see Crabtree as an option unless SEA would bother with TJ, which would be incredibly stupid - they should nab the crab.

Have fun in Miami TJ. :wacko: Actually I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay him what he'll likely ask.

Oh lord please no. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Giants either.