[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why

dmarc117

why are homeowners that were swindled into buying too much house only victims???

but rich people swindled by madoff told you shouldve known better. it looked too good to be true??

isnt a 700k house on 30k a year salary too good to be true?

The only real victims here are the taxpayers.

why are homeowners that were swindled into buying too much house only victims???

but rich people swindled by madoff told you shouldve known better. it looked too good to be true??

Are you saying that the Securities Investor Protection Corporation isn't going to give at least some money back to the Madoff "victims"?

Are you saying that the Securities Investor Protection Corporation isn't going to give at least some money back to the Madoff "victims"?

does it look like i said anything remotely close to that?

i just want to know why 2 different people did basically the same thing and get held to a different standard

and why do you have 'victims' in quotes? do you not think they were victims?

Edited by dmarc117

does it look like i said anything remotely close to that?

i just want to know why 2 different people did basically the same thing and get held to a different standard

and why do you have 'victims' in quotes? do you not think they were victims?

I do think they were victims

But I think it is funny that you are complaining about people worrying more about swindled homebuyers than swindled investors when in fact we actually have a federally mandated insurance corporation set up to help swindled investors but we have no such similar system set up to help out swindled homebuyers. So in fact, we are holding people to a different standards--but the difference in standards is pretty much the opposite of what you are complaining about.

Edited by wiegie

I do think they were victims

But I think it is funny that you are complaining about people worrying more about swindled homebuyers than swindled investors when in fact we actually have a federally mandated insurance corporation set up to help swindled investors but we have no such similar system set up to help out swindled homebuyers. So in fact, we are holding people to a different standards--but the difference in standards is pretty much the opposite of what you are complaining about.

because i personally think that most of the homebuyers knew they were reaching and stretching to buy these homes. knew they couldnt afford them if the sh1t hit the fan. i dont think the madoff people thought they were getting hosed.

Edited by dmarc117

because i personally think that most of the homebuyers knew they were reaching and stretching to buy these homes. knew they couldnt afford them if the sh1t hit the fan. i dont think the madoff people thought they were getting hosed.

I don't disagree with that--my guess is that a large majority of (questionable-loan) buyers were just hoping to ride the home-price-increase wave all the way to the bank.

However, I am guessing that there actually were a few homebuyers who were indeed swindled--I thought you were specifically talking about them.

Edited by wiegie