[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks' turn. I PM'd him. Maybe he'll get a pick tonight.

Cushing to Atlanta to partner with Curtis Lofton is a nice pick. If it happens the LB corps should be set for years.

Edited by Randall

Seahawks' turn. I PM'd him. Maybe he'll get a pick tonight.

Cushing to Atlanta to partner with Curtis Lofton is a nice pick. If it happens the LB corps should be set for years.

Cushing ( I also thought about one other LBer for an instant) is exactly who I was going to take for ATL. Now we have to see if Seahawks will make this pick for the Dolphins as he was gone for a bit last time.

Edited by irish

There ya go what

I think he meant, there you go, because a selection was made.

BeeR is now on the clock making his selection for the Colts. Fitz and Swammi are next for the Eagles.

Edited by irish

Kicker or QB....kicker or QB...hmmm

Wait if I'm pretending to be Polian, it should be something similarly brilliant like a TE. aw Pettigrew is gone. sec let me flip some coins.

OK OK - I'll make this at some point after eating, shouldn't be too late FYI

I think he was saying...

:wacko: TAZ = Newb :D:D

Maybe.

Nicely done BeeR, grabbing quite possibly the #1 overall ILB as the first round is closing out.

Fitz and Swammi are on the clock selecting for the Eagles.

boy I'll tell ya what fellas. This Torry Holt thing really changes my perception of the Rams draft. GM Billy Devaney has already said he is going into the 09 season with Alex Barron at LT. This puts the Rams in the position to pick up someone like Micheal Crabtree, who has superstar potential written all over him. Paired up with Donnie Avery the Lambs could be locked up at numbers one and two wideouts and SJax for quite some time. Interesting. I do think the Rams will be bringing in a vet receiver as well.

boy I'll tell ya what fellas. This Torry Holt thing really changes my perception of the Rams draft. GM Billy Devaney has already said he is going into the 09 season with Alex Barron at LT. This puts the Rams in the position to pick up someone like Micheal Crabtree, who has superstar potential written all over him. Paired up with Donnie Avery the Lambs could be locked up at numbers one and two wideouts and SJax for quite some time. Interesting. I do think the Rams will be bringing in a vet receiver as well.

Legit points but passing on either of those 2 OTs will be tough though.

Nicely done BeeR, grabbing quite possibly the #1 overall ILB as the first round is closing out.

Fitz and Swammi are on the clock selecting for the Eagles.

#1? I don't see it. Time will tell though. A lot of people do like him.

I was thinking "stupid" but OK. :wacko: They still need OL really bad. Crabtree won't catch many balls from a QB lying on his back.

Thx on the pick. Will splain my other considerations later.

Just a thought thrown out there.

The Rams released Bennett and Holt leaving Burton and Avery as the 1 and 2. No way that's gonna happen. Tackle's are deep in this draft.

Besides, the SJax injury put too much of a burden on the OLine to pass block. Please keep in mind Cogs will be back at his natural guard position,

Jason Brown is snappin' the ball as well. Barron did perform quite well when given the chance to play LT. I think that having the power running game will not give teams a chance to headhunt Bulger.

Back to the pick.....it came down to 3 or 4 guys for me:

RB Wells

WR Nicks

LB Laurentis

LB Matthews

Wells: I was more tempted than I probably should've been. I'm not on the "anti-Wells" bandwagon and he would give them the best size/speed combo...hell ever...plus Addai is unreliable and and I am sick as hell of them being unable to convert short yardage/GL. I think his durability issues are overblown too. Mostly the dire need(s) on D stopped me from this pick. Gotta shore that up and pray Addai "rebounds" and/or somebody else (Hart?) fills in sufficiently as needed. The Colts wouldn't take Wells in a zillion years anyway.

Nicks: also tempting. A guy with better hands and size than Wayne (think red zone). But the Colts already have 2 very good WRs so a third is down the list. Yeah I'd much rather a guy like Nicks opposite Wayne and Gonzo in the slot, but I'd rather not give up 500 yds a game too.

Matthews: from what I gather he's a great blitzer and more physical then Laurentis, but also a potential "one year wonder" and isn't good in coverage.

But Laurentis I think (I think) is a better overall player. Also he is versatile and that could really come in handy, depending on how the Colts handle the roster as the year goes on. Basically their middle is weaker than Michael Jackson's biceps so it was almost a "must" pick. I really wanted a DT, but those left would be at least a slight reach and whoever I had gotten probably wouldn't be much better than someone I can get in the 2d. The Colts just have way too much need on D.

If you're counting on Jackson's health, good luck w/that. I agree they could use a boost at WR but not as much as the OL. And WR is pretty deep this year too.

Who are you talking to? Which Jackson?

#1? I don't see it. Time will tell though. A lot of people do like him.

Well, even if he's not the clear-cut #1 ILB he doesn't fall past #2 and the only ILB ahead of him, Rey Maualuga, was taken already. Laurinaitis can play all three LBer positions and while he's not as aggressive a hitter as Maualuga, nor is he as solid at the point of attack and lacks the ability to engage properly with his hands to shed blocks, he has top-notch instincts and intelligence (intangibles). J.L. may not be as solid as R.M. at the point of attack but he's better in regard to coverage skills- reading the QB and feeling out the zones. It is believed by some that J.L. is the better all around ILB when defending the run and pass than R.M. Some also believe that Maualuga makes some questionable decisions and needs a supportive locker room around him in order to make him feel more accountable, whereas, J.L. actually plays the role of making others feel accountable and elevating the play of those around him.

I just feel he makes the better Pro. But like you said time will tell. A lot of people like both.

Who are you talking to? Which Jackson?

He's talking to Peteteacher in regard to the Rams and he's refering to Steven Jackson.

Well, even if he's not the clear-cut #1 ILB he doesn't fall past #2 and the only ILB ahead of him, Rey Maualuga, was taken already. Laurinaitis can play all three LBer positions and while he's not as aggressive a hitter as Maualuga, nor is he as solid at the point of attack and lacks the ability to engage properly with his hands to shed blocks, he has top-notch instincts and intelligence (intangibles). J.L. may not be as solid as R.M. at the point of attack but he's better in regard to coverage skills- reading the QB and feeling out the zones. It is believed by some that J.L. is the better all around ILB when defending the run and pass than R.M. Some also believe that Maualuga makes some questionable decisions and needs a supportive locker room around him in order to make him feel more accountable, whereas, J.L. actually plays the role of making others feel accountable and elevating the play of those around him.

I just feel he makes the better Pro. But like you said time will tell. A lot of people like both.

I see him as the #2 in most rankings. I said that simply because I haven't seen him higher than Rey. I like the LB'ers in this draft.

No picks left for me except maybe the Packer pick. The Saints and Bucs don't have any in the next round. Maybe you can do a 3rd round if this goes well.