[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there a way to turn this desktop into ...

Beaumont

left4dead, COD4, stuff like that.

Is it hard to install a new video card in something like this?

The Vid card in it is on the MB. It has 2 internal 3.5" PCI slots in the specs, but I don't know what type would be required for a Vid card, but I'll defer to a higher reference...Ursa, H8?

Also you better check your games as that PC has Vista 64 bit. I Bought C&C RA3 and it won't even load on my 64 bit system. FWIF, that game is only about 6 months old. :wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

left4dead, COD4, stuff like that.

Is it hard to install a new video card in something like this?

The hardest part is matching the card up to your system & given it doesn't tell you what type of PCI slot it has there's no way of telling you what's available for that PC. For that price though you could do a lot better IMO. Especially if you're looking into gaming. Building a PC is a lot easier than most people think. I finally bit the bullet & did one a couple of years ago & wouldn't go any other route now.

The current video processing is integrated (on the motherboard as RR said). I'm not 100% sure this is still the case, but it used to be: you'll probably need to disable that on-board video processing when you get a new vid card.

The pdf file in the specs indicates the comp has an unused 16x PCI slot which is good. 16x PCI is the interface for the vid card. This limits your choices of vid cards. Note, it is 16x PCI not 16x PCI 2.0 - there is a difference. I found COD4 specs and it recommends an NVIDIA 7800 or better to run well.

I think a 8500GT is about the best you can do with the given specs/interface. This will run a lot stuff from 2007 well enough, but once you get into games that came out in 2008/2009, this card may be the minimum required or not enable you to play at all. **Also note, the card specs indicate you need a 300 watt power supply, so double check that before buying. **

So, this solution gets you playing the games you mentioned, but not necessarily games in the future. But for $50, that ain't bad.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

The current video processing is integrated (on the motherboard as RR said). I'm not 100% sure this is still the case, but it used to be: you'll probably need to disable that on-board video processing when you get a new vid card.

The pdf file in the specs indicates the comp has an unused 16x PCI slot which is good. 16x PCI is the interface for the vid card. This limits your choices of vid cards. Note, it is 16x PCI not 16x PCI 2.0 - there is a difference. I found COD4 specs and it recommends an NVIDIA 7800 or better to run well.

I think a 8500GT is about the best you can do with the given specs/interface. This will run a lot stuff from 2007 well enough, but once you get into games that came out in 2008/2009, this card may be the minimum required or not enable you to play at all. **Also note, the card specs indicate you need a 300 watt power supply, so double check that before buying. **

So, this solution gets you playing the games you mentioned, but not necessarily games in the future. But for $50, that ain't bad.

The bad thing is now that everything is going to 2.0 you are going to be very limited on upgrades which is the situation I am in right now. Here is a list of cards that should fit your system specs. The 8600GTS listed at top is a pretty good option & is better than my 7900GT (much cheaper than what I paid too :wacko:) That card would run any game on the market today & do it fairly well. I play COD4 a lot on my 7900GT & I have it screaming at 200+ Frames Per Second(FPS), But I also have the graphics turned down on the game & my video card overclocked. Without the overclock it puts out about 150FPS on average.

On COD4, lemme know when you get ready to play & I'll hook you up with a config file that will optimize your online play.

PCI 2.0 is backwards compatible. So if you buy or build a newer system in the near futute you will already have a video card. I just bought this one 9800gt. But I plan on piecing together a new system. I did have to install a new PSU for this card. So really I'm only a mobo and a cpu away from a new system. :wacko:

PCI 2.0 is backwards compatible. So if you buy or build a newer system in the near futute you will already have a video card. I just bought this one 9800gt. But I plan on piecing together a new system. I did have to install a new PSU for this card. So really I'm only a mobo and a cpu away from a new system. :wacko:

I've got the CPU, memory, HD & power supply, but if I want to make a worthwhile upgrade I'd have to go with a new mobo before I could up my video card. I'm looking at this combo right now.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P

EVGA 512-P3-1151-TR GeForce GTS 250 Superclocked Edition which also comes with World at War.