[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another cell phone question

driveby

I'm getting ready to upgrade my 4 year old POS flip phone to a smartphone and I think I've got it narrowed down to either the HTC Touch Diamond or the Samsung Instinct. The bottom line price on the HTC is $199 and the Instinct is $129.

Pros so far for the HTC are that it's Windows based (I guess that's a pro) :wacko: , the camera is better than the Instinct, the web browser is supposed to be better, and the display is better (vga vs lcd).

Pros so far for the Instinct are that it is cheaper, supposed to be more responsive (no lag), has a full keyboard in landscape mode, upgradeable memory.

Anyone have any experience with either of these phones they'd like to share? TIA.

I just got the HTC Touch Pro it's pretty nice. It boots and loads apps slowly, but it is really nice in many ways. The camera is killer if that's important to you. The keyboard and touch screen are very nice.

It's not very intuitive (to me). I usually learn new phones pretty quickly, but this one is taking some work.

How the heck did you get a phone to last 4 years?? :wacko:

Oh, and the web browser is very nice.

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

I just got the HTC Touch Pro it's pretty nice. It boots and loads apps slowly, but it is really nice in many ways. The camera is killer if that's important to you. The keyboard and touch screen are very nice.

It's not very intuitive (to me). I usually learn new phones pretty quickly, but this one is taking some work.

How the heck did you get a phone to last 4 years?? :wacko:

Oh, and the web browser is very nice.

Wow! I just did the same and can say the same thing. I had a treo which I could use 90% of with my thumb in one hand but that's impossible with this one. The camera is ridiculous and the interface is pretty slick as well, but learning it is definitely a new bicycle.

I'm going to begin trying to sync it with my work outlook account and we'll see how that goes.

How the heck did you get a phone to last 4 years??[/color] :wacko:

I've had cell phones since 1990 and have had 3. :D

My bag phone lasted '90-'00. Then some piece of crap from '00-'05. Now, I've got the freebie that comes with the Verizon plan (no camera, no mp3, to text it's like dialing China) for the past 3 years. I did finally see and use my neice's IPhone. Meh...whippersnappers.

Apparently most were crap but the previews of this model sound positive.

I was a big fan of my 650, and that one is 3 gens old. Palm OS is quite intuitive. HTC allowed me to sync to my work outlook via windows mobile, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

It's funny, I'm a big Mac guy but the iPhone isn't intriguing at all. :wacko:

I was a big fan of my 650, and that one is 3 gens old. Palm OS is quite intuitive. HTC allowed me to sync to my work outlook via windows mobile, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

It's funny, I'm a big Mac guy but the iPhone isn't intriguing at all. :wacko:

The iPhone intrigues me, but I can't see leaving Sprint. I've got a sweet plan (SERO) where we have two HTC Mogul phones with unlimited text and innernets and 500 shared minutes, free evening and weekend and long distance, for like $68 a month. My bill would jump a lot to move to AT&T or Verizon.

Hey driveby, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. Both are great phones, I am assuming the Instinct you are referring to in this posting is the first one that came out last year. Sprint and Samsung just released the Instinct S30, which is a slimmer and more powerful model that fixed a few of the complaints people had of the first version. Both are great phones and it really depends what type of user you will be. I highly suggest going into a Sprint store and playing around with both, that way you’ll know which one you like to use better, which is what really matters.