[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kentucky Derby

HowboutthemCowboys

that was one hel1 of a race by Mine that Bird and his jockey..at more than one point they

werent even in the camera frame on tv and when they were they were dead last..but d@mn

when he turned on the jets :wacko:

They could run this race 100 times and the form would not have been in the winner's favor. Just wouldn't have seen it....EVER. Hope this horse isn't on the juice.

I have to say I wondered the same thing. Comes out of literally nowhere and had WAY more left in the tank at the end than any of the other horses.

It's the way he won, not that he just won. He won by almost 7 lengths...it was a colt that literally wasn't quite 2 years old yet, and had never hit a BSF higher than 80 before. He was the only horse running at the end, it's not like he got lucky--he was running. Very hard to fathom that you never once saw that in the past. A race like this makes me want to stop playing...and I probably will take a break for a while.

It's the way he won, not that he just won. He won by almost 7 lengths...it was a colt that literally wasn't quite 2 years old yet, and had never hit a BSF higher than 80 before. He was the only horse running at the end, it's not like he got lucky--he was running. Very hard to fathom that you never once saw that in the past. A race like this makes me want to stop playing...and I probably will take a break for a while.

Beyer's speed figures are becoming a joke IMO.

What really pisses me off ( even though I think I learned something this weekend)... I need to stay away from anything written about races like the Derby.

What I mean is this. If I walked into my living room yesterday and picked up the pp's for the Derby for the first time I would probly have played a least SOMETHING on Mine That Bird simply b/c it was his 3rd start off a layoff and was getting Borel at Churchill. I chose not to b/c I looked at his Beyers and read over and over that he was a no chance throwout who was just filling the race.

Also, I loved Pioneer of the Nile. When I like a horse in ANY race as much as I liked him, especially in a large field that is wide open, I would have boxed him in the EX with all. I only played him on top yesterday. Dumb move.

I will say that I was excited for a second in the stretch when PON was in with a big chance as was Musket Man who I also had keyed with all. Then I saw the 8 go by in a flash. :wacko:

If you like POTN that much, shame on you for not playing the 16/ALL, ALL/16. I like him enough, but not that much. I put my exacta ALL play on the 10, trying to double up on my Oaks/Derby potential score. Thought the 10 would put them away after a mile....the pedigree said he could do it.