[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stafford or Sanchez?

vansmack32

Lots of debate between who'll be a better FF QB.

My case for Stafford:

- better weapons (Megatron, Pettigrew, TE)

- they'll be playing from behind for a few years

- more indoor winter games

- you really think Rex Ryan wants to play high-scoring games?

What do you think?

• 2 years later...

2 long years I've waited to bump one of these threads, and no one even took the bait here... But nevertheless I can finally say to that vocal minority (there were way more than would like to admit it now) that claimed that Sanchez was a better prospect than Stafford:

:wacko:

People are just now starting to see what UGA homers have known since he came out of high school, and Kiper already had him pegged as the future #1 overall pick. The kid literally has all the tools, the arm, the size, the ability to read defenses and throw a perfect spiral since he was in grade school.. The only thing he ever lacked was immaturity, trying to make something happen when nothing was there (which might continue to make him prone for an INT or 2), but there should be no doubt to anyone anymore that the kid is the real deal if he can stay healthy.

The Lions honestly look like they don't even need a RB other than to pass-protect, the way they were moving the ball with complete and total ease yesterday.

(Oh and BTW, if you really want to irritate a Jets fan, just say "Imagine how good you'd be if you'd stayed put and taken Freeman!")

Edited by delusions of granduer

Am I missing something? I only see the original post and then your bump from today.

It was a fail of a thread, and I guess a fail of a bump by me too... I was looking for a thread with the "debate" in 2009 about Sanchez vs. Stafford (which I found, but it was just titled "Sanchez" and would have made less sense to bump to talk about Stafford's success).

Sheesh, nevermind, I'll just make a Stafford thread then....