[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any gun guys know about this?

Perchoutofwater

Agreed! FDR was the president that dug us out of the great depression. A lot to be learned from that example, along with quite a few errors that should not be repeated. (like I covered in my earlier post)

It is amazing that now some people (mainly hard core Republicans) are pointing out possible constitutional breachs while conveniently ignoring the constitutional breaches that were done while their party was in office.

Ya cant have your cake and eat it too . . . either own up to the colossal mistakes Bush made and the incredible breaches of constitutional liberties in the Patriot Act and feel free to bash the current administration, or keep silent about both.

That is why I am a registered independent . . . you dont get lumped into one set of ideology.

With your amazing historical perspective, your che guacamole avatar fits right in...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Che Guevarra avatar is an inside joke from another FF site.

But feel free to sterotype away!

I don't need to stereotype, you give me plenty of evidence. The highway system was done by Ike in the 50's. Most economists agree that FDR's inflationary policies prolonged the depression, not to mention that he had to stack the supreme court to get his alphabet soup programs to pass constitutional muster.

Perch, how will that address our massive trade imbalance?

I am a proponent of mirror taxation. If a country taxes our imports at a particular rate, we tax theirs at the same rate.

US Products are very good by comparison to most other nations in terms of consistency and quality. Let's allow them to start on even footing. If those countries want to enjoy tax free exporting to the US, they should allow the US to export to their country tax free.

I am a proponent of mirror taxation. If a country taxes our imports at a particular rate, we tax theirs at the same rate.

US Products are very good by comparison to most other nations in terms of consistency and quality. Let's allow them to start on even footing. If those countries want to enjoy tax free exporting to the US, they should allow the US to export to their country tax free.

I'm all about mirroring the whole of another country's trade laws. You want to do this to our products, mmmmkay. Enjoy!

Perch, how will that address our massive trade imbalance? That just INCREASES every year, and no amount of decreasing govt spending or increasing taxes will address the fact that America is just like most of AMERICANS. We spend more than we have every single year . . .

Perch, werent you in FAVOR of the Bush tax cuts? Now you want to RAISE taxes? Confusing . . .

One of my personal pet peeves about the US is the student loan programs. With costs spiraling out of control for tuition, people are assuming HUGE amounts of debt and getting useless degrees that the US govt has kindly given them an extremely low rate of interest on.

Simply make the fed gov live with a balanced budget. Don't spend money on all the bs social programs, let that be done on the state and local level where the is less bureaucracy. If you are worried about trade imbalances, maybe you should cut corporate taxes, or better yet go to a sales tax to help reduce the cost of our products versus those from other countries.

I was for them at the time. At the time we were in a mild recession and they helped stimulate the economy. The budget deficit had started to go down even considering the war until the dems took control of congress and started writing budget bills. Now with all the money we've spent on bail outs we and are already on the line for, we need to raise money. I think it needs to be an across the board tax increase not just pointed at on group that is small and can't vote to protect itself.

With regard to student loans, get rid of all government grants. Make them all loans, and make it where the payments are garnished from checks. Come to the realization that all men are not created equal. That just like some are not athletic, some are not intelligent. We need to get back to trade schools and stop teaching to the lowest common denominator. If you can't hack it, rather than dumbing classes down to your level, we are going to kick you into trade school at the high school level. The reason education cost are so high is because of supply and demand, the supply of easy college money, and the demand because "everyone needs an education". Colleges have started dumbing down their classes now so they can keep receiving those checks. Reduce demand, and the price will go down and the quality will go up.