[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Solid state micro PC

AtomicCEO

Right now I run a media center PC for my living room off an old 1.5Ghz laptop... but it's not ideal because it seems to overheat, and it's running all the time, and the power consumption isn't great.

I think I'm going to try to get one of these things. According to what I'm reading... it can run XBMC (a great free media center, by the way) and play back all the media I have.

Did you know that leaving a computer running in your house costs you about $30/month in electricity? I really have to do something about that. Sometimes I have 3 running.

Has anyone ever used a PC like this? Or have any other recommendations?

I think the ASUS Eee Box B202 is pretty comparable, but I don't think you can get it without a hard drive.

Did you know that leaving a computer running in your house costs you about $30/month in electricity? I really have to do something about that. Sometimes I have 3 running. :wacko:

your way off.

so how much does it cost?

Right now I run a media center PC for my living room off an old 1.5Ghz laptop... but it's not ideal because it seems to overheat, and it's running all the time, and the power consumption isn't great.

I think I'm going to try to get one of these things. According to what I'm reading... it can run XBMC (a great free media center, by the way) and play back all the media I have.

Did you know that leaving a computer running in your house costs you about $30/month in electricity? I really have to do something about that. Sometimes I have 3 running.

Has anyone ever used a PC like this? Or have any other recommendations?

I think the ASUS Eee Box B202 is pretty comparable, but I don't think you can get it without a hard drive.

You can build a relatively cheap PC (micro if you really want but it might cost more for case) that has low power consumption. I do not think it costs $30 to keep a PC on. I have a Home Server, Music Server and my Home office PC on 24/7. I occasionally put on the laptop also. I doubt my bill is 50% due to these things.

You can build a relatively cheap PC (micro if you really want but it might cost more for case) that has low power consumption. I do not think it costs $30 to keep a PC on. I have a Home Server, Music Server and my Home office PC on 24/7. I occasionally put on the laptop also. I doubt my bill is 50% due to these things.

It depends heavily on how much wattage you use, and if you have any sleep mode or anything. My server is running 24/7 and estimates say that it does cost nearly $30/month. A computer that goes to sleep when you're not using it will obviously consume significantly less.

It depends heavily on how much wattage you use, and if you have any sleep mode or anything. My server is running 24/7 and estimates say that it does cost nearly $30/month. A computer that goes to sleep when you're not using it will obviously consume significantly less.

My Home Server eats up alot of wattage as it has 10 HDs in it and never goes to sleep. My music server only has 1 HD and low wattage components and never goes to sleep. My home PC does go to sleep.

I guess I can plug in one of those wattage measuring things and calculate my monthly cost.