[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, apparently Puddy and Hugh 0ne have a love-child

wiegie

Car loses all four wheels on highway

Mon Jun 1, 2009 11:27am EDT

ZURICH (Reuters) - A car traveling on a motorway in Switzerland lost all four wheels simultaneously, coming to an immediate halt in the middle of the highway, police said on Saturday.

The car had just stopped and the passengers had changed from winter to summer wheels themselves, a common task in Switzerland where there is plenty of snow in winter, but used the wrong nuts when mounting the new set.

"When they then drove back on to the motorway, all of the wheels disconnected," St Gallen cantonal police said in a statement. "Luckily, no one was injured and no other vehicle was damaged."

That really sounds fishy to me.

I mean it says that they "used the wrong nuts when mounting the new set". What are the chances that they had 20 or so "wrong" lug nuts laying around? Just sounds wrong to me. :wacko:

Don't underestimate Puddy.

I mean it says that they "used the wrong nuts when mounting the new set". What are the chances that they had 20 or so "wrong" lug nuts laying around? Just sounds wrong to me. :wacko:

If it had happened anywhere else, I would think it was a prank; but the Swiss are just such a sober joyless people that there is no way that they could have come up with this idea of a joke on their own.

This happened to a friend of mine. He put new tires on his VW rabbit, and used the same lugnuts... but they didn't tighten down all the way. He drove to school and one of the wheels went flying off on the highway. I guess different wheels sometimes need different nuts.