[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll: Who will our next conflict be with?

Cunning Runt

Who will our next conflict be with?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will our next conflict be with?

• North Korea
    • Iran
    • Other

And you want another way to protect our innocent men, women and children?

We could completely and totally pull out of the Middle East, including supporting Israel. If our presence in the Middle East was completely gone, do you really think that terrorists would bother with us? What would be the point? Essentially, we wash our hands of the entire region and no longer deal with them in any capacity whatsoever.

[Please note: I am not necessarily advocating this policy.]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could completely and totally pull out of the Middle East, including supporting Israel. If our presence in the Middle East was completely gone, do you really think that terrorists would bother with us? What would be the point? Essentially, we wash our hands of the entire region and no longer deal with them in any capacity whatsoever.

Yes I do. Their whole reason for being is to eliminate all peoples who do not believe as they do. Been that way from the gitgo and it ain't gonna change just because we move out. In fact, moving out would make us an even more inviting target.

I grant you that we didn't belong their in the first place. How can you fight someone that you have no understanding of and never will?

But it is all a moot point. We will never use our nukes. Even in retaliation for someone else using theirs. Trust me on that.

I believe we attempted this policy before WWII and we know how that worked out. Europe is still a shell of its former glory and will not step up to the plate to help police these "hot spots" and European nations continue to look towards the US to solve these issues. I'm not saying we need to stick our nose in everywhere or that we should nuke all comers, but I think total removal would also be a mistake on our part.

I believe we attempted this policy before WWII and we know how that worked out. Europe is still a shell of its former glory and will not step up to the plate to help police these "hot spots" and European nations continue to look towards the US to solve these issues. I'm not saying we need to stick our nose in everywhere or that we should nuke all comers, but I think total removal would also be a mistake on our part.

So do I. However, I have a hard time believing that the terrorists would continue to target the US if we had no presence in the Middle East, including ending our support for Israel.

I just was positing another possibility rather than nuclear war. It seems that me and Sky often have differing opinions on various issues. I disagree with him very much that an appropriate solution is to nuke the middle east. I don't subscribe to the "smoke em if you got em" policy.

It seems that me and sky often have differing opinions on various issues.

We are okay with that... right? :wacko:

And of course, I am a hawk and you are a dove. So of course we will have a difference of opinion every once in awhile.

Even with the mistake, it served to off an evil dictator and could have been something to be proud of until the left started their political crap over it.

War is never anything to be proud of.

You are really showing some ugly colors, Perch. Step away from the computer.

Yes I do. Their whole reason for being is to eliminate all peoples who do not believe as they do. Been that way from the gitgo and it ain't gonna change just because we move out. In fact, moving out would make us an even more inviting target.

I grant you that we didn't belong their in the first place. How can you fight someone that you have no understanding of and never will?

See Vietnam and many other conflicts the US has stuck its nose into. I guess that is why many parts of the world views the US as terrorists.

Isn't that their plan for us? In fact, isn't that their plan for pretty much everyone but them on the planet?

Would rather it be thousands upon thousands upon thousands of them than us.

The whole point is that if one has a deterrent that will pretty much end things why have it if you are never going to use it? Especially when it will save thousands and thousands of American lives? A threat is only good if the threatend know you will follow through.

believing this is true is really absurd...you need to stop watching the O'reilly Factor..

believing this is true is really absurd...you need to stop watching the O'reilly Factor..

You need to learn some history, son.

We could completely and totally pull out of the Middle East, including supporting Israel. If our presence in the Middle East was completely gone, do you really think that terrorists would bother with us?

I think you need to learn some history too. And you might want to read up on islam while you are at it.

We as a country, a civilization are doomed with the ignorance on display from those such as you two fine examples.

You need to learn some history, son.

I think you need to learn some history too. And you might want to read up on islam while you are at it.

We as a country, a civilization are doomed with the ignorance on display from those such as you two fine examples.

ahaha your sarcasm is tremendous...

In addition, I believe that the "threat" of nuclear arms is that if you nuke me, you are assuring yourself of destruction because I will take you down with me.

Not--your country is pissing me off and since you don't have nukes, I shall destroy it utterly and completely.

yeah. you want other countries to know you'll use it on them if they do something extreme to warrant it. if they think you'll do it just because, you may keep everyone in line....or you may encourage your enemies to do something drastic preemptively.

Never seen it. Please do not do me the disservice of thinking that someone else, anyone else, does my thinking for me. Or that someone else, anyone else, forms my opinions.

H8, in all honesty, I would rather you simply avoided responding to my ignorant posts. You bring nothing to the table but schtick and you add nothing of any value to any political discussion.

No one but newbs take you even remotely seriously anymore and doesn't it say something about how tiresome your schtick has become when most other huddlers get mad at themselves when they enter into a serious debate with you?

Never seen it. Please do not do me the disservice of thinking that someone else, anyone else, does my thinking for me. Or that someone else, anyone else, forms my opinions.

who said anything about someone else forming your opinion for you?...

I'm talking about the place where you get your news...because your view is outrageous...

H8, in all honesty, I would rather you simply avoided responding to my ignorant posts. You bring nothing to the table but schtick and you add nothing of any value to any political discussion.

No one but newbs take you even remotely seriously anymore and doesn't it say something about how tiresome your schtick has become when most other huddlers get mad at themselves when they enter into a serious debate with you?

Doesn't it say something? I don't know. I'd venture a guess it says more about you, I have a 'schtik' as you call it, you're just member #whocares that brags about an inanimate grill that wishes it had the efficiency of propane. Sorta like Ryan Succop, you are irrelevant.

For you to even make a bad joke that if we leave the middle east, they will leave us alone is about the most ridiculous thing I could ever imagine coming out of che or lulu's mouth, coming from you simply shows quite clearly that you have no grasp of anything outside this little world you have chosen to make yourself a part of. Well Steve, there are many more things in the universe than fantasy football and ugly food warmers. I'll be thinking about you today as I live my life the way I choose. I hope one day, you may have the cajones to find an NFL team to root for, perhaps next year when the Seahawks draft Tebow.

Doesn't it say something? I don't know. I'd venture a guess it says more about you, I have a 'schtik' as you call it, you're just member #whocares that brags about an inanimate grill that wishes it had the efficiency of propane. Sorta like Ryan Succop, you are irrelevant.

For you to even make a bad joke that if we leave the middle east, they will leave us alone is about the most ridiculous thing I could ever imagine coming out of che or lulu's mouth, coming from you simply shows quite clearly that you have no grasp of anything outside this little world you have chosen to make yourself a part of. Well Steve, there are many more things in the universe than fantasy football and ugly food warmers. I'll be thinking about you today as I live my life the way I choose. I hope one day, you may have the cajones to find an NFL team to root for, perhaps next year when the Seahawks draft Tebow.

So I'm guessing the answer is 'no'--you simply won't avoid my ignorant posts.

So I'm guessing the answer is 'no'--you simply won't avoid my ignorant posts.

I say just let him go....I find his retardedness hilarious...

also...back to sky's point that i forgot to add...

bombing all of them is a result of fear....it's pretty much what Hitler wanted....his methods worked out of fear so they could do what they wanted rather than conform to a global unity...

at this point - their hate for us is mutually caused by us just as much as it is them....

and we support Hebrews in Israel who simply react inhumanely toward Palestinians in a form of ethnic cleansing which is just sick...

but it's "okay" because they are our allies... :wacko:

who said anything about someone else forming your opinion for you?...

I'm talking about the place where you get your news...because your view is outrageous...

Have held my view for a very long time. A lot longer than cable tv or the internet has been around that is for sure.

As far as outrageous.... not really. I just know my enemy.

Have held my view for a very long time. A lot longer than cable tv or the internet has been around that is for sure.

As far as outrageous.... not really. I just know my enemy.

I'm guessing it is the old school mentality...."bomb 'em all and let god sort the rest"

WWI and WWII has spawned an unethical way of thinking for our country...because we're supposed to be the best and anyone who thinks otherwise can find out the hard way.....

I guess I just disagree with that way of thinking....

I'm guessing it is the old school mentality...."bomb 'em all and let god sort the rest"

WWI and WWII has spawned an unethical way of thinking for our country...because we're supposed to be the best and anyone who thinks otherwise can find out the hard way.....

I guess I just disagree with that way of thinking....

Good a place as any to just let it lie. :wacko: