[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neighborhood Hardware Store

nuke'em ttg

One thing that amazes me, not only with HD & Lowe's, but also with Walmart & any other box store. With as much s**t as they have in those places, they never seem to have the item you are looking for when you need something specific.

I always tell the wife they should change their motto to "everything but what you need".

We had a locally owned hardware store that went under last winter, just a few years after Lowes and WalMart came in to the area. They just opened a new Ace though about one block from the local one that closed.

Up here in N GA we still have plenty of Ace Hardwares. The ones here are locally owned franchises. I love going there for a few reasons - 1) they will not let you get in the door without asking what you need and pointing you in that direction. 2) They send help over. What do those idiots at HD think the radio is for? (and my wife works at HD). 3) If they don't have it they WILL find and order it. 4) They have every chrome fastener known to man for a motorcycle. :celeb:

+20 million. Home Depot is OK for lumber and stuff, Menards is good for plastic flamingoes and cheap chit but if you want a spare part for your snowblower, go to the local hardware store. We still have a locally owned Ace.

I can go into either one of the Menards here in town and walk around for half an hour and not have one employee even make eye contact with me.

Probably as well. They're on minimum wage and they don't know jack about anything. And they're lazy, don't even want to help you get a 100 lb box out of the racks.