[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benjamin Buttons = Forrest Gump

Cameltosis

Has anyone seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons yet? I saw it last night. I am not saying this movie is bad, although it is not great. But throughout all I could think of is that I have seen this movie before when it was called Forrest Gump. I did a quick Google search today and found this link. Dont read it if you dont want spoilers and I wont list any here. I am just curious if anyone else had the same reaction. It is rediculous how much these movies mirror each other.

haha

that was the idea going in but they missed the mark by a freaking mile. Buttons sucked and Gump was fantastic, I can see some comparisons in the life-long storyline and dat is about it. Buttons had a sorta cool idea, but it fails in any type of comparison to Gump - you couldn't pay me to watch Buttons again while Gump is a movie you can't not watch if it is on

I sure as s**t can.

I worked for a woman who hated that flick as well. Mostly hated T Hanks vehicles. When Cast Away came out, I remember her complaining that her husband was dying to go see "Robinson Gump" but she just couldn't stomach the idea.

A few months back, I had a 16 hour flight with my own little monitor for entertainment purposes. One of the movies they had in my system was this Benjamin Button. I was like "awesome, this ought to waste a few hours, and I've heard it is actually pretty good". Well, about an hour or so into the movie, I couldn't take the boredom anymore and turned it off. I watched another movie, tried to sleep, then figured it would probably help me sleep so I turned it back on, kind of hoping it would get better. It did not. I turned it off AGAIN about another hour later. Tried to sleep. Could not. I turned it on AGAIN, watched the last 45 minutes, put my foot through the screen for wasting my whole flight on this horrible movie, then finally fell asleep. I wish I would have trusted my instincts and never turned it back on the first time.

A few months back, I had a 16 hour flight with my own little monitor for entertainment purposes. One of the movies they had in my system was this Benjamin Button. I was like "awesome, this ought to waste a few hours, and I've heard it is actually pretty good". Well, about an hour or so into the movie, I couldn't take the boredom anymore and turned it off. I watched another movie, tried to sleep, then figured it would probably help me sleep so I turned it back on, kind of hoping it would get better. It did not. I turned it off AGAIN about another hour later. Tried to sleep. Could not. I turned it on AGAIN, watched the last 45 minutes, put my foot through the screen for wasting my whole flight on this horrible movie, then finally fell asleep. I wish I would have trusted my instincts and never turned it back on the first time.

After reading your post I'll definitely be recommending this movie for my insomniac patients.