[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Home Course or CC

Capt. Waffle

http://www.stonebrooke.com/index.php

Public course, a few miles from me. I dig it.

Our signature hole - Number 8 - is one of the most exhilarating shots you'll ever make. Standing on the tee, you look out at sparkling O'Dowd Lake. The fairway lies 260 yards across the bay from the blue tees. On the ferry boat ride to your second shot, you discover that this is just one of 13 holes featuring water on this breath-taking, championship 18-hole course.

http://www.birdsfoot.com/

It is not CC and gets a lot of play and It is not anywhere the closest course to me but no matter what if I am meeting or taking people to golf or if I just want to play at my favorite course, this is it. It has five sets of tee's and they are true tee boxes, not just some goofy spot that they pretend is a box but rather five well taken care of boxes that change the way the course plays. If you are ever in the Pittsburgh area, this is the course to play other than Mystic Rock at Nemicolin.

Not my favorite but a very good track. I'm playing it Monday, July 20th. Tiger won the US Amateur here.

I love the course, but I'm out there 3 times a week when I'm in town and part of it comes from knowing the gang, men's club games, etc. Doesn't matter if you start on 1 or 10, you're going to end on a tough closing hole. Completely different golf course in winter than in summer since the wind will come out of the east in the winter and the west during the summer.

Also, the new site of the LPGA Safeway Classic in August.