[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Jew-targeting fraudster?

muck

A few years ago there were some Jews that took about $100 million from people in a few synagogues in/near Philly (iirc).

Then Bernie Madoff.

Now this.

Its sad when people use their religious affiliations to take money and/or use people of a certain religious affiliation for their own purposes.

This is one reason I won't hire a plumber (or anything else, really) if their ad in the yellow pages has a fish or a cross on it. It's like, "I get that you're a Christian, but I just need my toilet unclogged." Same reason I don't really ever talk to people I go to church with about my business.

Its sad when people use their religious affiliations to take money and/or use people of a certain religious affiliation for their own purposes.

At least 20 Somalis have departed Minnesota for Somalia, brainwashed by some religious fanatic or other into "jihad". At least four are dead.

once you gain someones trust, very easy to take from them. teachers, clergy, relatives, friends etc.

thats what happened to me. a friend stole alotta dough. didnt do any checking on his 'business' cause he was a close friend.

dont be afraid to lawyer up when anyone, ANYONE approaches you for an investment.

A few years ago there were some Jews that took about $100 million from people in a few synagogues in/near Philly (iirc).

Then Bernie Madoff.

Now this.

This is one reason I won't hire a plumber (or anything else, really) if their ad in the yellow pages has a fish or a cross on it. It's like, "I get that you're a Christian, but I just need my toilet unclogged." Same reason I don't really ever talk to people I go to church with about my business.

Guy I work with lives in that community. His wife is a Syrrian Jew. He was contacted by the FBI a few days before it all went down. FBI was looking for names, etc. My collegue knows just about everyone named in the report as it is an extremely close-knit cTommunity. Thankfully, he's not involved in any way. BUT, he knew that some of these guys were operating way over the line (they pretty much boasted about it).

With the community being so close-knit, it's pretty much in upheaval right now. A lot of shame going around.

I agree with ya, Muck. Never mix religion and business. I was getting quotes on paving my driveway last year and one guy at the end says "God Bless You, Jesus loves you" completely out of the blue. It freaked me out and I went with someone else. Jesus didn't die for my sins so I could pay him $3,000 for my driveway to be paved.

once you gain someones trust, very easy to take from them. teachers, clergy, relatives, friends etc.

thats what happened to me. a friend stole alotta dough. didnt do any checking on his 'business' cause he was a close friend.

dont be afraid to lawyer up when anyone, ANYONE approaches you for an investment.

That is the key, right there. Having a religious connection immediately builds trust.