[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading draft picks with the #1 guy?

So we just drew our draft picks yesterday. I ended up with #7 (12 team league, snake draft, ESPN scoring). The guy who has #1 proposed a trade to me.

I get his first, second, and ninth round picks. He gets my first, second, and sixth round picks.

So I guess it comes down to a question of how much AP is worth compared to who I'll get with my first two picks. Cause if I accept this trade my second pick isn't for a long time, and I don't get the advantage of the snake in the third round to balance that out.

What do you guys think of this? In my years of FF, I have never traded draft picks. This is a fresh draft (no keepers) and it's not an auction.

I don't do the deal, but part of that is because I see a bit more parity, albeit with greater risks, in the top 8-10 RBs that I wouldn't drop 3 rounds in the middle of the draft just to decrease that risk, especially if this is a PPR league (I see this potential parity even more with PPR)

I don't do the deal, but part of that is because I see a bit more parity, albeit with greater risks, in the top 8-10 RBs that I wouldn't drop 3 rounds in the middle of the draft just to decrease that risk, especially if this is a PPR league (I see this potential parity even more with PPR)

I agree with this, although in a non-ppr i'd probably do it.

Your not really giving up much at all.

In my league the guy traded for the #1 overall as well.

He gave up his 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks from slot 6

He only got back the 1st and 2nd round picks from slot 1

So he gave up his 4th round pick and got no pick in the deal in return for that 4th rounder.

Oh and he isn't taking Peterson he moved up to take Drew.

http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

Try that link if you want to get what might be close to a fair trade.

If you enter in this deal it comes out almost even steven.

Edited by Henry Muto

If you think AP is all that then do the trade.....If it were me I'd take the trade but ask for his like 10th rd. and give him your 13th...

You can't be serious can you ? 10th and 13th round swap ? No one is going to do that.